PDA

View Full Version : The update thread!

bisous
05-13-2014, 04:00 PM
Are you dying to know what happened to a fellow poster? Have you followed the advice you received in a BBB post to good (or ill) effect? I want to hear from you!

Here's what I keep thinking about. For whatever reason, it seems to center on private school. Vejemom, I'm thinking about you and your schooling situation. Did you ever get to meet with someone to help your kids stay to finish school? The other person I'm thinking about is Gatorsmom and the creepy teacher at her kids' school. What is the upshot of that situation? Gosh, I'm sure there are so many other threads that are begging for an update!

For me, I don't know if anyone remembers or cares but I thought I'd update the BBB Lounge readers that I've been doing dinner at 7 and I really love it. We do a leisurely snack from 2:45 to 4:00 when the kids get home from school (they help themselves). Then the kitchen is CLOSED. DH is getting home around 6:30 or so and that gives me enough time to set the table and finish dinner prep. It is late, but it works because we're done with everything else. The kids are good and hungry and seem to eat well. I thought it would be way too late but it ended up working okay!

What about you guys?

mom2binsd
05-13-2014, 04:27 PM
There was a post about someone who had a neighbor who painted their side of a fence without permission....

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

AshleyAnn
05-13-2014, 04:54 PM
The thread about the tenant who fell/was pushed thru a window at the posters mothers rental house and injured. The poster was looking for legal advice I'd love to know how that turned out

zukeypur
05-13-2014, 05:03 PM
The person whose dog was being sprayed through the fence by the neighbors behind her.

scrooks
05-13-2014, 05:24 PM
I want to find out what happened with the kid that put the hose down the neighbors furnace.... Was the furnace ruined????

kristenk
05-13-2014, 08:11 PM
I want to find out what happened with the kid that put the hose down the neighbors furnace.... Was the furnace ruined????

I don't even remember anything like that! The others sound familiar. Off to look for the story...

Sweetum
05-13-2014, 08:14 PM
I was thinking about crl (Catherine). I haven't seen her here lately. Hope everything is fine.

BDKmom
05-13-2014, 08:24 PM
I have been jonesing for some Mrs. Jones stories :)

ETA: bisous, glad to hear the dinner thing is working out.

Got my DS magnatiles for his birthday (from the Met deal at Christmastime) and they have truly lived up to the hype. So glad I bit the bullet on that one and thankful to the BBB for enabling me!

Also, my Soma panties are awesome! I ended up with 19 pair (can't figure out the bag icon from my phone). They make me happy every morning when I open my underwear drawer.

Pennylane
05-13-2014, 08:29 PM
The person whose dog was being sprayed through the fence by the neighbors behind her.

That was me! Peace still remains between the neighbors and my dog although now they are making me crazy! They have all this junk incorporated into their garden , milk jugs and tons of other random items . Anyway they are always blowing all over my yard! I have decided to only complain about it to my DH though and let them enjoy their garden :)

Ann

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikala
05-13-2014, 08:34 PM
What was that "adult" Valentine's gift? I'm curious to hear whether it was worth the $$$ and whether it resulted in any siggy changes!!

scrooks
05-13-2014, 08:36 PM
I have been jonesing for some Mrs. Jones stories :)
Yes!!!!! Wasn't little Jones #3 coming??????

Melaine
05-13-2014, 09:19 PM
What was that "adult" Valentine's gift? I'm curious to hear whether it was worth the $$$ and whether it resulted in any siggy changes!!

I got that :shy:. It's just ok. It isn't comfortable for us to use as intended (during intercourse) but as foreplay it's kind of nice.

Cuckoomamma
05-13-2014, 09:47 PM
What happened with the poster who had the step-mother who wouldn't give her the dishes that were her mom's? Every so often I wonder if she's been sneaking pieces after a holiday meal!

twowhat?
05-13-2014, 09:48 PM
The scary dolls.

KpbS
05-13-2014, 10:17 PM
Love the update threads!! Update, ladies!

Pennylane
05-13-2014, 10:32 PM
What happened with the poster who had the step-mother who wouldn't give her the dishes that were her mom's? Every so often I wonder if she's been sneaking pieces after a holiday meal!

Wasn't that Corie?

Ann

TxCat
05-13-2014, 11:01 PM
I posted a thread a while back about our neighbor across the street leaving their garage door open all the time, with all their stuff out in view, etc. Their next door neighbor (who along with my next door neighbor really hated it) ended up calling our neighborhood police and inquiring if it was against deed restrictions or anything, and the police agreed that it was a safety hazard and they would talk to them about it. Never saw the police car, but the garage neighbors did start closing their garage more after that. However, now those neighbors are having a falling out over dogs and a 5-year-old son, so a big fence is going up between their homes. I'm friendly with both families, so I'm trying to be Switzerland. It's exhausting.

elizabethkott
05-13-2014, 11:10 PM
Oh, the Joneses...
As soon as I get through final exams, I promise. ;)
And I'll be home alllllllll summer. So you bet your bippy I'll have some tales to tell.
And yes, there is a Jones 3.0. Very cute and sweet. The odds had to be stacked in their favor there.
In about a month, remind me to tell the tale of The Chimney That's Never Been Cleaned (or A Tale Of Salmonella) - the working title/sub-title... Yes, it was one event.

lovin2shop
05-14-2014, 12:16 AM
Oh, this could be my most favoritest thread ever!

urquie
05-14-2014, 01:30 AM
I would love to know whatever happened to "Neve and Tristan"... I think her user name changed to "Three Bugs and a Bee" after adopting the boys.

Did she ever find the adoptive boys' grandma or try to adopt the boys' friend, from the Ukrainian orphanage?

BDKmom
05-14-2014, 09:45 AM
Oh, the Joneses...
And I'll be home alllllllll summer. So you bet your bippy I'll have some tales to tell.
And yes, there is a Jones 3.0. Very cute and sweet. The odds had to be stacked in their favor there.
In about a month, remind me to tell the tale of The Chimney That's Never Been Cleaned (or A Tale Of Salmonella) - the working title/sub-title... Yes, it was one event.

Oooh. That sounds like a doozie!

wendibird22
05-14-2014, 10:16 AM
Oh, the Joneses...

Cannot wait! :popc1:

♥ms.pacman♥
05-14-2014, 11:00 AM
I sometimes think of the lady who stole wellyes' s Vista..I hope karma has bitten her in the a$$!

cilantromapuche
05-14-2014, 11:02 AM
All I can think is that I missed some good reading! I am going to have to go back and find some threads. I, too, wonder how Neve is doing. There was also another poster around that time who was living close to NYC and very funny. I think she went back to school to be a nurse and had two girls.

StantonHyde
05-14-2014, 05:42 PM
oh, the joneses...
As soon as i get through final exams, i promise. ;)
and i'll be home alllllllll summer. So you bet your bippy i'll have some tales to tell.
And yes, there is a jones 3.0. Very cute and sweet. The odds had to be stacked in their favor there.
In about a month, remind me to tell the tale of the chimney that's never been cleaned (or a tale of salmonella) - the working title/sub-title... Yes, it was one event.

i cannot wait!!!

AJP
05-14-2014, 05:46 PM
I can not wait for the Jonses updates and a lot of others already mentioned!

3isEnough
05-14-2014, 05:59 PM
I would love to know whatever happened to "Neve and Tristan"... I think her user name changed to "Three Bugs and a Bee" after adopting the boys.

Did she ever find the adoptive boys' grandma or try to adopt the boys' friend, from the Ukrainian orphanage?

It's ironic you posted this because I just thought of Neve a few days ago and googled her name, her daughter's name, the adopted boys, etc. but couldn't come up with anything other than her old posts on here. I really wonder how they're doing and whether she had any more kids. I always loved her passion for life and willingness to take on anything.

AnnieW625
05-14-2014, 06:19 PM
It's ironic you posted this because I just thought of Neve a few days ago and googled her name, her daughter's name, the adopted boys, etc. but couldn't come up with anything other than her old posts on here. I really wonder how they're doing and whether she had any more kids. I always loved her passion for life and willingness to take on anything.

Who is this person? Must have been around on the days I wasn't here or something as I have been around regularly since around 06. I don't remember Neve and Tristan.

knaidel
05-14-2014, 06:42 PM
Who is this person? Must have been around on the days I wasn't here or something as I have been around regularly since around 06. I don't remember Neve and Tristan.

Neve was someone who was on even before my time-- 02, 03,04, etc..... I don't know the whole saga, but at some point, she was adopting some kids from the Ukraine, and there was a problem with the paperwork. So Rashmi (I think palpal was her user name) somehow got involved and they ended up Fedexing a dossier to the orphanage...... I don't know but the whole board seemed to get involved!

There used to be BBB retreats and all--- once in the DC area, there were some seriously dedicated BBBers!

specialp
05-14-2014, 07:00 PM
I do wonder how the teacher situation ended up w/ gatorsmom. I know this poster isn't around anymore, but she was going to ask her neighbor to keep his dog on a leash when they were out in the front yard and I always wondered how that ended up IRL.

specialp
05-14-2014, 07:02 PM
There used to be BBB retreats and all--- once in the DC area, there were some seriously dedicated BBBers!

Wow, that is dedicated. I knew there were FB groups and things of that nature but didn't know that.

Corie
05-14-2014, 07:14 PM

That was me. Absolutely nothing has happened. But, after emailing my sister and 2 brothers, we have made a list of our parents' things that are important
to us. Knowing my step-mom, she will not give up these possessions without a fight.

(After my step-mom's 2nd husband died, she wouldn't give his kids their Dad's rare coin collection. So one of the kids broke into the house
and stole it back.)

I would have no problem doing the same thing if she tries to keep my Mom & Dad's stuff. (FWIW, my Dad is her 3rd husband.)

s7714
05-14-2014, 07:28 PM
Neve had a active blog for a while that documented the family's adventures traveling in Europe and their homeschooling stuff. The blog eventually stopped being updated though. Last I heard she still just had the three boys and one girl, but that was a few years ago.

Reading all the comments about "that was before my time" always makes me feel like an old timer, LOL!

wencit
05-14-2014, 09:20 PM
I want to know what happened to the poster who was bitten by a black widow spider and didn't go to the hospital right away. I hope she's OK!

elliput
05-14-2014, 09:27 PM
I would have no problem doing the same thing if she tries to keep my Mom & Dad's stuff. (FWIW, my Dad is her 3rd husband.)
The first two didn't die under mystery circumstances, I hope. :eek:

MamaMolly
05-14-2014, 10:17 PM
That was me. Absolutely nothing has happened. But, after emailing my sister and 2 brothers, we have made a list of our parents' things that are important
to us. Knowing my step-mom, she will not give up these possessions without a fight.

(After my step-mom's 2nd husband died, she wouldn't give his kids their Dad's rare coin collection. So one of the kids broke into the house
and stole it back.)

And I will volunteer to pick locks, drive the getaway car, or bail you out. ;) NObody should come between a girl and her mama's dishes.

Kestrel
05-14-2014, 10:21 PM
The neighbor painted the fence was me.

Boy, was this a long, long fight. It ended up going to small claims court. While waiting for our court date, there was a big storm that broke a fencepost on the same shared side in question. We ended up having to pay for a boundary line survey ($600), three different quotes to repair/replace the fence, and sit through "mandatory voluntary mediation" (a great term, isn't it?) for four hours. Neighbor never did think he did anything wrong.
When we got to the judge, we stated our case, and the judge asked neighbor ... is this true? Neighbor says "yes". Judge says "Are you kidding me???" :)

Neighbor ordered to pay for survey, and 80% of the middle quote to replace fence (aprox 80% was painted by him before we came home and stopped him.) Also ordered to remove the panel attaching our fence to his (which he put up on our property without permission, and had refused to remove.)
Return court date set four weeks later to verify.

Neighbor paid promptly, within a few days. We choose to completely replace the fence on that side, and it cost us only $75 after his check. However, he didn't remove the fencing as ordered. And, he didn't show up at court as ordered on the return date. We were awarded a 10-year no trespass order on him and his (adult) son, at our request. We then went home and removed the panel. He's still an A**H***, but we don't have to deal with him anymore. He still glares at us, but can't enter the property or come to our door.

MamaMolly
05-14-2014, 10:42 PM

Boy, was this a long, long fight. It ended up going to small claims court. While waiting for our court date, there was a big storm that broke a fencepost on the same shared side in question. We ended up having to pay for a boundary line survey ($600), three different quotes to repair/replace the fence, and sit through "mandatory voluntary mediation" (a great term, isn't it?) for four hours. Neighbor never did think he did anything wrong.
When we got to the judge, we stated our case, and the judge asked neighbor ... is this true? Neighbor says "yes". Judge says "Are you kidding me???" :)

Neighbor ordered to pay for survey, and 80% of the middle quote to replace fence (aprox 80% was painted by him before we came home and stopped him.) Also ordered to remove the panel attaching our fence to his (which he put up on our property without permission, and had refused to remove.)

Neighbor paid promptly, within a few days. We choose to completely replace the fence on that side, and it cost us only $75 after his check. However, he didn't remove the fencing as ordered. And, he didn't show up at court as ordered on the return date. We were awarded a 10-year no trespass order on him and his (adult) son, at our request. We then went home and removed the panel. He's still an A**H***, but we don't have to deal with him anymore. He still glares at us, but can't enter the property or come to our door.

What a total shmuck!

daisymommy
05-14-2014, 10:47 PM

I think about them all the time!

Sent from my iPad

StantonHyde
05-14-2014, 10:58 PM
And I will volunteer to pick locks, drive the getaway car, or bail you out. ;) NObody should come between a girl and her mama's dishes.

Dang straight!!! I did have to laugh at elliput's question about disappearing husbands. Lady sounds loony to me!

mackmama
05-14-2014, 11:13 PM
I want to know what happened to the poster who was bitten by a black widow spider and didn't go to the hospital right away. I hope she's OK!

I've thought about this too.

SnuggleBuggles
05-14-2014, 11:16 PM
Fedora and her living abroad woes.

LD92599
05-14-2014, 11:34 PM

She was so full of adventure! Miss her posts!

crayonblue
05-15-2014, 12:29 AM
Wow, that is dedicated. I knew there were FB groups and things of that nature but didn't know that.

Ahh, yes! I was there, at the retreat. :)

We even had BBB buttons to identify each other in real life! :)

The BBB was very different back then.

MamaKath
05-15-2014, 09:39 AM
I think about Neve and her journey all the time! I always send out some good energy when I do, I figure she needs it with her busy family. :)

MamaKath
05-15-2014, 09:43 AM
Neve was someone who was on even before my time-- 02, 03,04, etc..... I don't know the whole saga, but at some point, she was adopting some kids from the Ukraine, and there was a problem with the paperwork. So Rashmi (I think palpal was her user name) somehow got involved and they ended up Fedexing a dossier to the orphanage...... I don't know but the whole board seemed to get involved!

Rashmi! Another one I often wonder about.

There used to be many more local get togethers. I remember some of the NJ moms getting together. This photo was from a DC Zoo trip with the ladies from BBB and Ivillage. Some of the BBB/Ivillage folks got together fairly regularly (every other month or so) in the DC/PA/NJ area. A lot of the ladies are still good friends, even if they aren't on boards anymore.
http://mamakath-ivil.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/strollerszoo.jpg

(http://mamakath-ivil.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/strollerszoo.jpg)

MamaKath
05-15-2014, 09:47 AM
We were awarded a 10-year no trespass order on him and his (adult) son, at our request. We then went home and removed the panel. He's still an A**H***, but we don't have to deal with him anymore. He still glares at us, but can't enter the property or come to our door.
I am glad that they gave you this! Some people are just jerks!!!

MamaKath
05-15-2014, 09:48 AM
The first two didn't die under mystery circumstances, I hope. :eek:

I had the same thought! So wrong that she won't give you your mom's dishes.

mommylamb
05-15-2014, 09:49 AM

Rashmi! Another one I often wonder about. This was from a DC Zoo trip with the ladies from BBB and Ivillage. A lot of the ladies from Ivillage are still good friends, even though most aren't on there anymore.
http://mamakath-ivil.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/strollerszoo.jpg

Funny to hear you all talk about Rashmi. She predated me here on BBB. However, I know her IRL randomly. She was the photographer I hired to take pictures of DS1 when he was a baby, and we became friendly. Not super close friends, but we are FB friends. I didn't realize she was a former poster on the BBB until years later when someone mentioned her and I FB emailed her to ask if she was the same Rashmi. It's a smaller world than we all think it is! She seems to be doing well, though she isn't active on FB much these days. I think she's busy. She had opened up an actual physical photography studio and I think it really ended up being pretty time consuming for her. We follow each other on Instagram too, and she posts beautiful pictures of her kids there.

MamaKath
05-15-2014, 09:59 AM
Funny to hear you all talk about Rashmi. She predated me here on BBB. However, I know her IRL randomly. She was the photographer I hired to take pictures of DS1 when he was a baby, and we became friendly. Not super close friends, but we are FB friends. I didn't realize she was a former poster on the BBB until years later when someone mentioned her and I FB emailed her to ask if she was the same Rashmi. It's a smaller world than we all think it is! She seems to be doing well, though she isn't active on FB much these days. I think she's busy. She had opened up an actual physical photography studio and I think it really ended up being pretty time consuming for her. We follow each other on Instagram too, and she posts beautiful pictures of her kids there.

Glad she is doing well! Funny, I was just looking for a photographer in DC. I had forgotten that is what she does.

mommylamb
05-15-2014, 10:01 AM
Glad she is doing well! Funny, I was just looking for a photographer in DC. I had forgotten that is what she does.

She's very good. Her specialty is pictures of children, so if that's what you're looking for and you want her contact info, I can give it to you.

Mopey
05-15-2014, 11:05 AM

ITA!! As someone from whom many, many sentimental (and valuable) items have been pilfered (or the whole will outrightly ignored) I am totally on board for look out! When I think of the beautiful things that actually mean something to my sis and me, and where they are now, I want to cry :(

arivecchi
05-15-2014, 11:08 AM
I do wonder how the teacher situation ended up w/ gatorsmom.

I also wonder whaveter happened with her bedsheet fiasco. Don't recall if that situation was ever resolved with the designer.

dogmom
05-15-2014, 11:13 AM

Yes, she did adopt the boys. I think it was during a time when rules were changing about adoption and she was really under the gun to get it done and it had been in the works for a very long time. I had contact with her via email after she slowed down her posting, but then email addresses changed.....

She was also pregnant and wound up giving birth to her daughter in her own bathroom because she didn't make it to the hospital....my nightmare.

Ceepa
05-15-2014, 11:34 AM

Thanks for the update. I wondered what happened.

specialp
05-15-2014, 11:36 AM
I also wonder whaveter happened with her bedsheet fiasco. Don't recall if that situation was ever resolved with the designer.

Yes I don't think she every said exactly how that worked out (money back or not), but she did mention that thread and that she had a new designer so I guess at least the first one was fired!
http://windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?472633-Gatorsmom-says-Hi!&highlight=gatorsmom

Twoboos
05-15-2014, 12:58 PM
She was also pregnant and wound up giving birth to her daughter in her own bathroom because she didn't make it to the hospital....my nightmare.

I will NEVER forget this story!! (I lurked for a really long time before joining. :))

LD92599
05-15-2014, 01:31 PM

I still have my BBB button!!!

LD92599
05-15-2014, 01:34 PM

I'd never met her IRL but literally bumped into her last year during Cherry Blossoms in DC. I honestly walked up to her (I suspected it was her because I'd been following her business on FB she'd mentioned being at the basin) and asked if she was Rashmi. She was um....taken aback but SOO incredibly sweet esp when I clued her in to how i "knew" her. She grabbed my DH's camera and took pics for us :-)

mommylamb
05-15-2014, 01:40 PM
I'd never met her IRL but literally bumped into her last year during Cherry Blossoms in DC. I honestly walked up to her (I suspected it was her because I'd been following her business on FB she'd mentioned being at the basin) and asked if she was Rashmi. She was um....taken aback but SOO incredibly sweet esp when I clued her in to how i "knew" her. She grabbed my DH's camera and took pics for us :-)

Wow, that's so funny. Rashmi clearly gained some BBB fame while she is here. I often wonder if I bump into other BBBers and don't know it. There are a number of us in the DC area. I knew Rashmi for several years before finding out that she used to be on BBB, though I should have figured it out because I used to read her blog and she posted pictures several times of a family who I realized because of their particular and unusual circumstances that the mom was a BBB poster. The pictures were beautiful.

gamma
05-15-2014, 02:00 PM
I might still have my button also! lol Rashmi designed my photo Christmas cards one year. They were beautiful!

musicalgrl
05-15-2014, 03:59 PM
To this day, I still think about Elilly and her determination to leave a meaningful legacy for her kids. Her posts often brought me to tears.

bisous
05-15-2014, 04:01 PM
I remember the fence dilemma! Happy to know we have resolution there.

Corie, that is appalling on the part of your SM. The next "retreat" could be a repo mission, lol.

bisous
05-15-2014, 04:10 PM
Also, I do worry about the Black Widow spider bite! I think the poster was nooknookmom. Maybe she'll check in?

There were others... This is a long thread!

egoldber
05-15-2014, 04:22 PM
Bisous, I want to know what happened with your DS's teacher and his IEP! And what happened about the issues in PE?

MamaMolly
05-15-2014, 04:28 PM
To this day, I still think about Elilly and her determination to leave a meaningful legacy for her kids. Her posts often brought me to tears.

Me too. Elilly was the very first one I thought of with this thread. There have been several posts wondering about her, but since no one really knows I just put peace and love out into the universe and hope it catches her kids. One of my deep hopes is that somehow she knows how many people her journey touched.

AngelaS
05-16-2014, 10:47 PM
Yes, she did adopt the boys. I think it was during a time when rules were changing about adoption and she was really under the gun to get it done and it had been in the works for a very long time. I had contact with her via email after she slowed down her posting, but then email addresses changed.....

Truly one of the most memorable birth stories ever! It was the bathroom with a silk? shower curtain and she didn't even let the boys pee in that bathroom. And then she gave birth in there. Lol

Fairy
05-16-2014, 11:07 PM
I posted a thread a while back about our neighbor across the street leaving their garage door open all the time, with all their stuff out in view, etc. Their next door neighbor (who along with my next door neighbor really hated it) ended up calling our neighborhood police and inquiring if it was against deed restrictions or anything, and the police agreed that it was a safety hazard and they would talk to them about it. Never saw the police car, but the garage neighbors did start closing their garage more after that. However, now those neighbors are having a falling out over dogs and a 5-year-old son, so a big fence is going up between their homes. I'm friendly with both families, so I'm trying to be Switzerland. It's exhausting.

My neighborhood is full of people with their garage doors open all day long, assuming they're home. Not as much in the winter, of course, but otherwise, people leave them open alot. I refuse to do it now since the bird died in my garage, and I'm still not quite over that after a couple years. But alot of people do it here, it's just the norm. Interesting! Playing Switzerland is hard ...

Fairy
05-16-2014, 11:08 PM
I sometimes think of the lady who stole wellyes' s Vista..I hope karma has bitten her in the a$$!

I think of this all the freaking time. I dunno why. it still bugs.

Fairy
05-16-2014, 11:17 PM

This is what I was going to post. I've wondered for a long time how things went here. If anyone knew her IRL, I'd really like to know. It's like a piece of closer I don't think we got here on the BBB, and I do think of her often.

crayonblue
05-16-2014, 11:19 PM
This is what I was going to post. I've wondered for a long time how things went here. If anyone knew her IRL, I'd really like to know. It's like a piece of closer I don't think we got here on the BBB, and I do think of her often.

I totally feel the same.

Also, do you guys remember ddmarsh? I think I remember that she passed away. ETA: Searched and yes she did.

Fairy
05-16-2014, 11:22 PM
I totally feel the same.

Also, do you guys remember ddmarsh? I think I remember that she passed away.

I do vaguely recognize the userID, but I don't recall her story.

Tondi G
05-17-2014, 12:38 AM

I think about Neve all the time. I really hope she is well. I think I have an e-mail address for her, I wonder if it is still active for her? Maybe I'll try to reach out and let her know there are boardies thinking about her!

Tondi G
05-17-2014, 12:42 AM
I still have my little BBB pin. I think it's packed away on my first skip hop diaper bag!

magnoliaparadise
05-17-2014, 02:50 AM

Me, too. What a beautiful human being. I hope that her husband and children are ok.

magnoliaparadise
05-17-2014, 02:53 AM
I was just wondering the other day... do you remember the woman who was single and having an on again/ off again relationship with a guy she called "Mr. Big"? And she told us about how they got back together at one point? And gave us details of her (very cool Sex in the City) nights out?
I always wondered what happened to her and Mr. Big and whether they ended up having a lasting relationship or not (or, at least, a kind of relationship that she was happy with, however that looks to her). I hope so.

mommylamb
05-17-2014, 06:58 AM
I was just wondering the other day... do you remember the woman who was single and having an on again/ off again relationship with a guy she called "Mr. Big"? And she told us about how they got back together at one point? And gave us details of her (very cool Sex in the City) nights out?
I always wondered what happened to her and Mr. Big and whether they ended up having a lasting relationship or not (or, at least, a kind of relationship that she was happy with, however that looks to her). I hope so.

I think that was AshleyAnn, and she's still here actively posting.

TwinFoxes
05-17-2014, 08:45 AM
I think that was AshleyAnn, and she's still here actively posting.

I'm pretty sure it was someone else. I'm really trying to remember her name. I think the last post she mentioned he hadn't shown up when she told him she would be out with friends or something.

ETA: it was Siri. She's still around...but posts very infrequently.

mommylamb
05-17-2014, 05:11 PM
I'm pretty sure it was someone else. I'm really trying to remember her name. I think the last post she mentioned he hadn't shown up when she told him she would be out with friends or something.

ETA: it was Siri. She's still around...but posts very infrequently.

Ah. I always mix up those two posters.

candaceb
05-17-2014, 06:59 PM
In a strange coincidence, I noticed that Rashmi was tagged in a fb friend's post. I know this friend is a former bbb'er (though I know her through an entirely different board) so I'm guessing it must be the same Rashmi.

MamaKath
05-19-2014, 10:12 PM

Her determination helped change the way I faced my mom's journey with a terminal illness. I often wonder what legacy I will leave my children someday (hopefully not soon)and could I leave it [hopefully] with grace and dignity.

bisous
05-20-2014, 01:46 AM
Bisous, I want to know what happened with your DS's teacher and his IEP! And what happened about the issues in PE?

Oh! That ended up pretty well I'd say. The teacher was, as I suspected, just young and inexperienced. He was perfectly willing to accept all of my proposed accommodations. I also met with next years teachers (only 2 and they switch frequently throughout the day) and they are MUCH more seasoned. All of my proposals they agreed to and it seems like they pretty much would do those things anyway. But we did put them in writing and the school just said that we should keep in touch and if he needs more, we can always meet again. It was a pretty nice meeting overall.

I feel lucky because I came pretty prepared. You (Beth, egoldber) helped provide some really helpful links!

DS is now doing okay with PE. I told him he would be punished if he ran away again. He said, "okay" and it has been fine! He's apparently capable of controlling himself now. We also had a medication dosage increase and that has made way too much of a difference in almost everything. I'm kind of embarrassed that I didn't realize how much better he could be doing until we tried it!

egoldber
05-20-2014, 08:16 AM
I'm glad things are going better. :)

I also met with next years teachers (only 2 and they switch frequently throughout the day) and they are MUCH more seasoned. All of my proposals they agreed to and it seems like they pretty much would do those things anyway.

I know it can feel like a waste when the teachers are experienced and on top of things. But as you know, it's when they aren't that it is soooo important to have those documented accommodations. Also, there can always be issues with specials teachers as well, and then it's also nice to have the 504 accommodations for them as well.

specialp
05-20-2014, 08:51 AM
Oh, I thought of a small one. I wonder what essence/Latia ended up doing with her DS's last name after the wedding as there was a dispute about changing it or leaving it the same.

Fairy
05-20-2014, 09:14 AM
Oh, I thought of a small one. I wonder what essence/Latia ended up doing with her DS's last name after the wedding as there was a dispute about changing it or leaving it the same.

she updated that in her thread, i think they all ended up taking his name. might be a hyphen involved? i think ...? latia, please re-update!