PDA

View Full Version : Where is Gap Cash?

janine
05-14-2014, 08:18 AM
Anyone find this whole thing frustrating? I'm sure I've left cash sitting in the past but the last go around I specifically asked customer service where it was and how I could spend it. They gave me the narrow window, I marked my calendar. Was told I'd get an email after my original order - never happened. Asked them again, they said no worries, they see the cash and I will be told when the period starts. Never happened but I have it on my calendar so looked today under "my account" where I was also told it would be. Don't see a thing.
Ugh, just wondering if anyone knew where it was or had similar issues, this seems pretty annoying so far.

ShanaMama
05-14-2014, 08:52 AM
Are you talking about the $10 rewards that you earn by spending $x? I get them on my phone & can redeem them that way online or in store. I also still get paper statements & they're printed there, too. AFAIK it doesn't expire. I've found it to be one of the easier rewards programs.

janine
05-14-2014, 09:12 AM
Yes this is what I meant, not sure how to get it on my phone (was never sent any notice of it ever) and I don't get statements, but thanks for trying to help: ). I'm on permanent hold with customer service - extended wait times. Not impressed. Lately have been buying less from them anyway, Boden is $ but so much better in every aspect.

Tenasparkl
05-14-2014, 09:13 AM
Are you talking about the $10 rewards that you earn by spending $x? I get them on my phone & can redeem them that way online or in store. I also still get paper statements & they're printed there, too. AFAIK it doesn't expire. I've found it to be one of the easier rewards programs.

Gap Cash and rewards are different. In the past I've been able to see how much gap cash I've earned when I log in to my account online (just like with rewards). I feel like they've sent emails with the info too. I'll take a look and see what the redemption dates are.

janine
05-14-2014, 09:20 AM
Gap Cash and rewards are different. In the past I've been able to see how much gap cash I've earned when I log in to my account online (just like with rewards). I feel like they've sent emails with the info too. I'll take a look and see what the redemption dates are.

Thanks - I thought this was how it was intended to be. The redemption period starts today. When I saw no email after my large purchase I contacted c/s to resolve but was told no worries in period you will see it pop up in my account when it's the redemption period! Anyway, no back to square 1 with c/s.

Tenasparkl
05-14-2014, 09:31 AM
Thanks - I thought this was how it was intended to be. The redemption period starts today. When I saw no email after my large purchase I contacted c/s to resolve but was told no worries in period you will see it pop up in my account when it's the redemption period! Anyway, no back to square 1 with c/s.

I just searched my email and the codes were there from when I first placed the orders, but didn't show up in my account (on my phone, maybe that's why?) Good luck! Sometimes they don't make it easy!

janine
05-14-2014, 09:37 AM
I just searched my email and the codes were there from when I first placed the orders, but didn't show up in my account (on my phone, maybe that's why?) Good luck! Sometimes they don't make it easy!

Yes I think they make it hard on purpose (very easy to forget redemption period as well). Anyway they flat out gave me a code after my complaints, since I never got an email despite my own emails to c/s after the orginal order. For anyone out there - don't forget to use Gap Cash as period is now (5/14-5/16), hoping you all have an easier time than me!