PDA

View Full Version : Anyone rent points for Bay Lake tower?

marymoo86
05-17-2014, 09:23 AM
If so, how did you do it? Use a service like Dave's?

We are going Dec 2015 and planning to stay at either Contemporary or BLT. Would love to save some cash so looking at how to get any room discount or rent points if we can. Would love the extra room at BLT.

We are only targeting MK and AK for this trip so proximity is key for us with the littles. Next trip when they are older we will
Probably do WBC to save on room costs.

LKMang
05-17-2014, 12:36 PM
We did this last year. I actually went through disboards and found someone who was renting their points out. It is cheaper than Dave's but I guess it might not be as reliable. We've done it a few times this way and have no problems with owners not holding up their end of the deal. Also, BLT was really great. You can't beat being able to walk to Magic Kingdom. Initially I wasn't overly impressed with the decor (we usually stay at animal kingdom lodge), but I was hooked once we stayed there. And we can't go back to staying in a hotel room after having all that space with a 1 or 2 bedroom.

Good luck!

westwoodmom04
05-18-2014, 08:34 AM
We rented points through David's. Worked very smoothly, but keep in mind that once you pay, you cannot cancel (nonrefundable). Also, to get Bay Lake Towers through points (as opposed to the more expensive option of renting through Disney), you need to book as soon as the rooms are available, I believe that is 10 months out. The property is very popular so rooms go super quick.

hillview
05-18-2014, 10:41 AM
We did and used Dave and had a great experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

egoldber
05-18-2014, 10:51 AM
you need to book as soon as the rooms are available, I believe that is 10 months out.

DVC owners who have BLT as their home resort can book 11 months in advance. All DVC owners can book BLT (or any DVC property) 7 months in advance. In a high season you need to book 11 months out. December (assuming not the 2 holiday weeks) is pretty easy to get though.