PDA

View Full Version : Nice T shirts that don't require layering

lmh2402
05-19-2014, 10:19 AM
I have had an epiphany that most of my t shirts that I wear in the summer, I end up layering with tanks and camis b/c they're so thin.

I am sick of layering. Reco nice tops that I can wear on their own - put on with a skirt or shorts for the day and look nice (not like i threw on an old gym shirt or something)

thanks!

ETA - not button downs, I have plenty of cute button down tops, but I really like to have tshirt options. thanks!

wendibird22
05-19-2014, 11:34 AM
I've had luck with Loft tshirts. Some are just plain scoop and v neck t's. Others have some sort of design or gathering to them. The plain t's are thinner but I wouldn't consider them in the tissue t category. For a bit heavier weight I adore my BR "timeless" tees. Wash great, hold their shape and the white is not see through. Just wish they came in more color choices.

TwinFoxes
05-19-2014, 12:04 PM
Caslon tees from Nordstrom. Some are layering tees, others are nice and thick. Layering tees say layering tees. They have great deals sometimes.

Neatfreak
05-19-2014, 01:06 PM
I bought three of the "Favourite Tee" (two v-necks, one scoop) from the Gap online recently - the quality of the knit is soft and thick and reminds me of the tees I bought there many years ago. I love the coupon codes!

twowhat?
05-19-2014, 02:45 PM
Boden's t-shirts are great (read reviews - some styles are sheer) so if they work for you, that's an option. I can't wear them because they are just too darned short:(

I also wanted to throw this out there - get a good t-shirt bra that is as close to the color of your skin as you can find. It makes a HUGE difference and I can now wear a lot of my semi-sheer t-shirts that I wasn't able to wear in the past!!

joonbug
05-19-2014, 07:49 PM
I have a few really cute Express tees dolman sleeve style that are very lightweight but not see through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

calebsmama03
05-19-2014, 11:54 PM
I bought three of the "Favourite Tee" (two v-necks, one scoop) from the Gap online recently - the quality of the knit is soft and thick and reminds me of the tees I bought there many years ago. I love the coupon codes!
Good to know! I used to always buy those, then they made them super thin so I stopped buying. Will check next time I'm there.

JdrKuhnert
05-20-2014, 06:34 AM
I like the Merona tshirts from Target. They are 40% off right now. They are fairly soft and actually hold up surprisingly well for the price. I also bought some linen tshirts from Loft recently. I second buying a tshirt bra close to your skin color. With my white linen tshirt you can't see a thing.

HipMama
05-20-2014, 08:11 AM
Lands End has thicker Tees. Look for the Pima ones. I also saw some Pima cotton Tees at Costco for $9.

Twoboos
05-20-2014, 01:02 PM
I also wanted to throw this out there - get a good t-shirt bra that is as close to the color of your skin as you can find. It makes a HUGE difference and I can now wear a lot of my semi-sheer t-shirts that I wasn't able to wear in the past!!

:yeahthat: I don't have tshirt recommendations but wanted to second this!

minnie-zb
05-20-2014, 04:11 PM
Everlane.com -- I like their t-shirts.

AnnieW625
05-20-2014, 05:07 PM
I like the Merona tshirts from Target. They are 40% off right now. They are fairly soft and actually hold up surprisingly well for the price. I also bought some linen tshirts from Loft recently. I second buying a tshirt bra close to your skin color. With my white linen tshirt you can't see a thing.

:yeahthat: plus I usually have luck with Gap Favorite tees, but every couple of years they seem to run a little thin, which is sadly this year. I am also loving the 3/4 length boatneck tees also from Merona.

hellokitty
05-20-2014, 06:50 PM
I second Calson tees. I get mine at nordstrom, they are pretty affordable for the quality. They are one of the only t-shirts I've had, that don't get holes. I am fed up with AT LOFT, their shirts ALWAYS get holes in them!

lmh2402
05-22-2014, 11:04 AM
Thanks for the Caslon reco! I found myself near a Nordstrom yesterday and stocked up!