PDA

View Full Version : Putting this in the Disney forum but not sure...

bisous
05-29-2014, 06:20 PM
DH and I are having trouble agreeing to our anniversary plans. I had thought it would be fun (and I thought he was on board) to do a Disneyland trip. We will be bringing our 6mo with us as she is still mostly nursing. I thought Disney would be nice because it is very familiar to us. We have free access (through DH's work) and it is very child friendly. BUT we could do nice things there, like watch shows, eat out and ride gentle rides. DH decides that he doesn't want to do that. Instead he wants to go to the beach or just some other city in CA. I can see that that would be fun, but with a baby it kind of changes everything for me. I feel like we would need to plan very carefully (and around naps, etc.) in order to make it fun or relaxing for me.

Now I'm dreading the whole weekend.

So...WWYD if you were celebrating an anniversary with your DH...and your 6mo? Would you do Disney or some other location?

TIA!

ps I should mention that I don't enjoy vacationing with DH usually. He doesn't like to plan or go anywhere. I'm ALL about planning and like to go, go, GO! Disney has worked well for both of our styles in the past.

boolady
05-29-2014, 06:30 PM
Does your DH work at Disneyland? Why do I think that? If so, disregard this, and I don't know if it's part of his reason for not wanting to go there, but if I worked someplace every day, I wouldn't want to spend my anniversary there. Maybe he's just hoping for a change of scenery?

SnuggleBuggles
05-29-2014, 06:34 PM
I'd follow dh's lead. There's a big world to see. :). I wouldn't worry too much about a 6mo. I'd expect them to sleep in a stroller or carrier while you are out and about- thus I wouldn't plan for nap time. Or get a suite w balcony/ patio so you can chill while baby sleeps. I think of 6mos as portable. :)

lkoala
05-29-2014, 06:35 PM
How about you stay at a resort at the beach and go to Disneyland on one of the days and relax at the beach on the other day? We stay at the Hyatt on Huntington Beach after going to disneyland. Its a nice resort and they have a walk bridge to Huntington Beach.

egoldber
05-29-2014, 08:31 PM
I can see where to him Disney isn't really a vacation.

What about San Diego? Not too far, the downtown is very walkable and IMO baby friendly.

bisous
05-29-2014, 09:20 PM
He works for Disney but not Disneyland. He likes Disney but wants to do the big rides and wants a different pace. I get that. I'm sure we'll work something out. Now we're thinking of saving all the money and just waiting until next year or even two years from now (it will be our 15th) for a real weekend away. My mom has committed to dinner and a movie on the day of our anniversary.

Thanks for weighing in. We have an appointment with a marriage therapist and that will be the best use of our money of all, lol. We really like eachother but we are pretty different in the things that we like to do for vacation!