PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy size 28/30 bras without spending a fortune???

calebsmama03
06-03-2014, 11:48 PM
I've decided to finally buy some new bras now that my breast size has stabilized after #3 (I've lived in Coobie seamless bras for 3 years now! lol). I had been wearing size 32B and my faves were the Gapbody t-shirt bra and Aerie "Katie" bra, which I've pulled back out and been wearing even though I know the 32 bands are really too big. I measured via the "modern method" from the "A bra that fits" reddit group and my size should be 28D or 30C (measuring 28 under and 32 across). Does anyone who wears a smaller band size have suggestions for finding affordable bras? I've always spent $35 or so on bras and all I can find in those band/cup sizes is insanely pricey- like double to triple what my current bras cost! Considering I need 3 or 4 I'd really prefer to not spend such an insane amount of money on a basic t-shirt bra! I mean, I'm not looking for lacy and fancy, just something to get the job done and give decent shape. Aside from Nodrstrom, I don't think I've ever seen a band below 32 anywhere IRL. Would love some ideas here.

Globetrotter
06-03-2014, 11:53 PM
nordstorm rack? I get all my bras there for around $30, inc. premium brands on clearance. I think they might have 30 but not sure about 28.

twowhat?
06-04-2014, 12:07 AM
NR has a very limited selection of band size 30. Nordstrom will have a bigger (and more expensive) selection but they do NOT have anything smaller than 30. But if you go and get fitted and try stuff on, it will be useful. If you find one that works but is too expensive, look to buy the same one elsewhere (breakoutbras.com or figleaves.com or barenecessities.com) - that's what I would've done except the 30 band sizes were all still too big for me.

I am a 28DD with challenging boobs (floppy, stretched out boobs that I have to basically stuff into cups that help hide all the wrinkles from the streched out skin - gross. That's what BFing twins will do to you!). I have 3 real bras (and only 3!!) in size 28DD from breakoutbras.com. I spent about $50 on each and they are worth every penny. 2 are molded cups (one plunge, one t-shirt) and one is seamed cups (also plunged). All are absolutely terrific and their staff helped me find stuff that would most likely work with my boob issues - I called them (and I was desperate LOL and they were SO helpful). 2 of the bras that I have were their suggestions - both spot on. The 3rd is one I bought from them on my own. They usually have a 10 or 15% off floating around somewhere, so check their website.

Hope that helps! Now if someone could help me find sleep camis in a 28/30 band size that would accomodate a larger cup size I'd be super happy! LOL! I'm tired of waking up with the band of the shelf bra sitting right on top of my boobs and I don't like to sleep with them unsupported because they literally are SO floppy. Turn over in bed - flop. Grooosssss.

eta: my other bras are Lululemon Ta Ta Tamers. The band runs small and tight so 32 works for me. I wear a 32B or C in the Ta Ta Tamer and they are comfy and great and give surprisingly nice shape and I love them. And they are $54 I think and if you are lucky you will find them on sale for $44. But the 28DDs that I got from breakoutbras are a MUCH more precise fit.

So with 2 Ta Ta Tamers and 3 from breakoutbras, I'm in good shape. No pun intended:)

calebsmama03
06-04-2014, 01:34 AM
Thanks. I think I could be ok with $50, but not the $75 and $90 I was seeing in my initial searches! Good grief, smaller band equals less fabric so shouldn't be so expensive! It's funny looking at D cups when I've always had such tiny boobs! Lol
I always forget about NR because it isn't super convenient to me. I may try there and see if any of the 30s run tight. I have a 32C Chantelle bra from TJM that is definitely a tighter fit than most 32s so maybe I'll find something passable.
Last time I was fitted at nordys they put me in a 32b which seemed ok at the time but now that I know more about fitting I realize the bands were way too big and the cups too small. I hate shopping for bras there because they always insist on "fitting" you even though they're doing it wrong, then they don't want to bring other sizes aside from what they deem "my size". I wish there was someplace I could go to try on a bunch of bras in my size without anyone bugging me about measurements. I hate having to order online because the shapes are always different and it's such a pain to have to buy then return.
Thanks.

essnce629
06-04-2014, 04:46 AM
Another vote for Breakout Bras from someone who is a 30C. Read the reviews on there to get an idea what would work for you. I've even been able to find what I like on Breakout Bras and then go over to Amazon to find it cheaper sometimes.

Neatfreak
06-04-2014, 09:38 AM
Nordstrom Rack is a good option, but there are several online retailers that carry brands in 28-30 bands: Figleaves.com, Asos.com, Brastop.com - they all give out coupon codes.

There is also a product called the Rixie clip that helps to downsize the band: http://www.rixieclip.com (There's a review of it here that shows how it works: http://www.curvywordy.com/2012/09/rixie-clip-bra-band-tightener.html)

legaleagle
06-04-2014, 10:50 AM
You can also alter the band to make it smaller, if you're handy.

wendibird22
06-04-2014, 11:05 AM
ebay. I'm a 32DD and got fitted at a high end bra boutique locally. I tried on a zillion bras and wrote down the make/model of the ones that I adored and then bought them off of ebay. My go to is a chantelle bra that usually runs $75 at Nordstrom and I can usually get it $19.99-$25 on ebay NWT.

Globetrotter
06-04-2014, 12:00 PM
I was going to add the Ebay option. I have found 32DDD bras there for one of my relatives - if you're willing to wear odd colors, you can get a great deal. I too love the Chantelle bras.

I will have to look into that clip as I have lost weight and all my bras are loose now!

Globetrotter
06-05-2014, 08:52 PM
I just went to NR and saw a bunch of size 30 bras. Keep in mind they will call around and see if any stores have your size and ship it to you.. something to consider if you know exactly what you're looking for!

onyx8
06-05-2014, 09:03 PM
Calvin Klein on Amazon.

essnce629
06-05-2014, 09:07 PM
There is also a product called the Rixie clip that helps to downsize the band: http://www.rixieclip.com (There's a review of it here that shows how it works: http://www.curvywordy.com/2012/09/rixie-clip-bra-band-tightener.html)

Ooo, I need that! Some of my bras are a 32, but I'm definitely a 30.

citymama
06-05-2014, 10:59 PM
Another 30 here - bookmarking!

Vintagegirl
06-06-2014, 12:24 AM
Not sure if this would work for you size wise or if you want a push up. This bra does give you a lot of cleavage. The only downside is you have to pull it over your head like a jog bra as there are no hooks. I really like that it's wire free.

http://www.onehanesplace.com/outlet/sale/clearance-/all-clearance/barely-there-customflex-fit-comfort-everyday-push-up-wirefree-bra

calebsmama03
06-06-2014, 11:17 PM
That clip looks interesting. May try for my old bras wile I search.

I went to Nordstrom Rack today and tried on a ton. Had DS with me so was a bit limited by his 3 y/o patience level.They had ZERO bras in a 30 band on the regular racks. Had a few on the clearance rack but lots of super padded push up (no thank you!) and lots of 30 A/B. I did discover that Natori bands seem to run pretty snug so next time I may try their 32s and see if it could work. Otherwise I'll just resort to buying online and returning. Boo. I'm not even THAT little so it seems insane to me that these sizes aren't more readily available, even at specialty stores.

Globetrotter
06-07-2014, 01:44 AM
They had ZERO bras in a 30 band on the regular racks. Had a few on the clearance rack b

The clearance racks ones often come from the regular Nordstrom and are the premium brands, so that's what I go for, vs. the standard NR brands. It's luck of the draw as mine had lots of 30's in various cup sizes - I was surprised, but it may have just been that week!

twowhat?
06-07-2014, 10:04 AM
Yeah for Nordstrom Rack it's luck of the draw whether they will have a decent selection or not.

So I have sort of a related Q for us gals who have a hard time buying bras - once you find one you love that actually fits, it's a big deal (LOL) so does anyone have any recs for how to make them wear-able under tank tops? I'm thinking of something like those As Seen on TV clips that you use to bring the straps at the back closer together more like a racerback...but how practical are those really? Do they make some that are nice enough to not show through snug-fitting tanks and that are comfy?

For now I have been just admitting defeat and wearing my tanks with my bras even though the straps show. I know...it's bad:)