PDA

View Full Version : recommendation for beach cart that moves through soft sand?

researchedout
06-06-2014, 06:08 PM
Do you have a beach cart that works in soft sand? I'm ready to make the investment : ) - but I don't know which one to get. Happy summer!

marymoo86
06-06-2014, 07:28 PM
We have been happy with the one we got at Costco, Tommy Bahama I think? We don't use a lot but has worked well when needed and holds a lot

JBaxter
06-06-2014, 09:36 PM
Us too. We just got it this year when we moved to Florida. Weve been to Siesta Key about 6 times and its worked great. $49.99 Oh and the matching chairs are da bomb!
We have been happy with the one we got at Costco, Tommy Bahama I think? We don't use a lot but has worked well when needed and holds a lot

elektra
06-06-2014, 09:44 PM
Happy with our costco one too!

researchedout
06-07-2014, 08:33 AM
Thank you very much! Does it work on piles of soft sand, though? I keep reading reviews that we need the big balloon tires or at least large air-filled ones.

JBaxter
06-07-2014, 09:44 AM
I have not had an issues on Siesta Key. the sand is soft fine and white. I pull it behind me w/ 4 chairs umbrella small cooler sand toys and towels. My big fear w/ air tires is having one go flat just when you need it. I see a TON of the Tommy Bahama type out here. And Im NOT paying $90 for a beach cart or wagon

KDsMommy
06-08-2014, 11:23 AM
We live in Florida and have the Tommy Bahama cart from Costco. It is great!

boolady
06-08-2014, 12:10 PM
The Tommy Bahama one is made by Wonder Wheeler, and it's a great product. We use one on soft sand all summer, and it's about as good as it's going to get. I see people with the bike tire style, but they don't seem to be moving across the sand any easier than our cart. Honestly, the weight of what you've got in your cart is going to control how hard it is to pull, but the wider wheels on the Tommy Bahama/Wonder Wheeler style carts are wider and not as likely to get dug in as narrower bike tires, at least based on what I've seen.

ahisma
06-08-2014, 01:17 PM
Which beaches are you planning to use it on? Our beaches here in Michigan (dune sand) is much different than the sand in the Keys.

researchedout
06-09-2014, 09:10 AM
Thanks, all! Went to Costco and the cart looked good, so I'll try it out later this month. I appreciate your input!