PDA

View Full Version : Tips to find best deal for airfares?? And hotels??

ckso
06-08-2014, 03:27 AM
Please share ideas for how to find the best deals for airfares and hotels?

Hoping to go on a family vacation to Seattle WA and Vancouver, Canada

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

daisyd
06-08-2014, 07:20 AM
I've heard Tue and Wed are the best days to book for airfares and buying well ahead. I follow prices on hipmunk before I book.

I'd like to hear what others have to say.

Momit
06-08-2014, 08:25 AM
We like Kayak for comparing prices. We've also used BookIt to save $ on a vacation package.

hellbennt
06-08-2014, 08:34 AM
Anyone use cheapoair? Secretary at work swears by it...

indigo99
06-08-2014, 04:01 PM
We did a trip to Seattle and Vancouver a few years back. I used priceline for the hotels and got some good deals.

wellyes
06-08-2014, 05:33 PM
http://www.hopper.com/

tarnator
06-08-2014, 05:49 PM
Just used priceline for a Seattle hotel next friday.... :)
I live in Vancouver so I am no help for that!

I usually get an idea of prices by looking at kayak and hotels.com. Then I usually check on betterbidding.com to figure out how high to start my bidding. I also know all the tricks to get 'free rebids' using the zones and the hotels appropriately. It is complicated but once you know how it makes sense.

I use Kayak for flights too, but often check some of discount flyers too, since not everything is on there.

Avispa
06-08-2014, 10:24 PM
For flights I use farecompare.com, you can set up email alerts for drop in prices for selected routes with set or approximate dates. It compares a number of online flight search engines. I also keep an eye on flights.google.com. The nice thing about google is that you can easily search for airports nearby... I know most flight search engines allow you to do that but for some reason I find it is easier to do on flights.google.com. One thing to keep in mind is that some airlines companies are never reported in any of these online searches, like southwest or jetblue I believe. So depending on where you are and going to it might be worth checking with their websites directly as well.

I use priceline for hotels, but I don't book hotel rooms very often, so not much experience there...

mommymy
06-09-2014, 01:04 PM
Please share ideas for how to find the best deals for airfares and hotels?

Hoping to go on a family vacation to Seattle WA and Vancouver, Canada

Depends where you are flying from, but besides all the good suggestions from the pp, I would check virginamerica and JetBlue. They have direct flights from several places and JetBlue does not charge a bag fee which I love. Look into the Bellingham airport which is close to the vancouver border but 1.5 -2 hrs from Seattle, since you mentioned you are going to vancouver too. There might be cheaper flights into Bellingham? Flew out of there once for a cheap flight and it was efficient and small which means you get out quick. I prefer the smaller airports when travelling with kids, if possible. Good luck. The weather is beautiful this time of year!

flygirl555
06-09-2014, 06:57 PM
Not sure where you're flying from, but remember that Southwest has their own system that won't appear on many 3rd party sites. You need to book directly through their site. Like a pp said, check on Tuesdays and Wednesdays for sales. If you're considering an airline like Frontier, Allegiant, or Spirit, remember that they basically sell you a seat and EVERYTHING else is an extra fee.

mom2binsd
06-09-2014, 08:39 PM
Use a different browser, you regular browser apparently recognizes you when you go back to check prices and won't always find the cheapest fares.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

daisyd
06-09-2014, 09:29 PM
Use a different browser, you regular browser apparently recognizes you when you go back to check prices and won't always find the cheapest fares.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Hmm, that's interesting.