PDA

View Full Version : MIL don't share my pictures/videos on YOUR facebook

Seitvonzu
06-11-2014, 10:01 AM
dear MIL,
It was super annoying this week when you started reposting EVERY picture that had already ended up on my feed because i'm "friends" with all the people whose statuses you shared. this morning YOU SHARED MY PICTURES/VIDEOS. i think that this will only go to people i'm already friends with (and not all your friends) b/c that's how i have my "privacy" setting.....however, STOP. NOT YOUR KID. NOT YOUR PICTURES. everyone who cares has seen the pictures ON MY FACEBOOK.

btw, your son and i are separated. start acting more normal. oh sorry.... what's that my mother always said about a tiger and stripes?
*sigh*
your,
soon to be ex-DIL

Mamabear4
06-11-2014, 10:51 AM
I would unfriend for that or at least create a list that prevents soon to be ex MIL from seeing all of your posts

alirebco
06-11-2014, 11:04 AM
My MIL has been doing the SAME thing and it's driving me bonkers! She shares all the pictures on her own feed.

Seitvonzu
06-11-2014, 11:30 AM
if i wanted these things on her feed , i would have tagged her. i did NOT. bleh. i haven't unfriended anyone in a longlong time and i wasn't going to do it with the inlaws because i am the only one who shares pictures and i do want them to see their grandkid/niece etc. it's just so aggravating.... i mean, there is a reason i don't tell her when school pictures are...last time i thought it would be nice to ask what size picture she wanted, she ORDERED A WHOLE PACKAGE. she was upset she couldn't get a "class picture"-- why would she want that? she lives like 5 states away! it's not like she knows anyone in the pictures except my daughter. i refused to order for her this spring to avoid the "class picture" privacy stuff.

i am pretty sure i have my posts as "friends only" so it doesn't even make sense for her to share them. everyone who can see it on her feed ALREADY sees it!

the only reason i can think of for this is that she is keeping things on her timeline "for memories".... ugh. bleck.

MommyAllison
06-11-2014, 11:41 AM
Ugh that is so annoying! It has happened to me a few times, but now I post pics on Instagram (and don't push to FB) so FB only gets one new photo every year or two - which really cuts down on the sharing. ;) FWIW though, I have "friends only" as my privacy settings, and when someone shares my photo, all of their friends can see it, not just our mutual friends. Sorry :(

Seitvonzu
06-11-2014, 11:51 AM
huh allison-- i thought that might be the case but when i googled it said "no"-- i think i'll tell her son to let her know i'd prefer she didnt' share then. if she keeps sharing, i'll just put her on a special list all of her own so her access will go WAY down. we're moving out of state, so her son, even if he did take pictures and share them, won't be able to..so you'd think she'd want to keep me in good graces. it's not like she has tons of friends.(most are on mine anyway, part of the annoyingness)..it's really just principle .... *sigh* my best friend just told me "eh, she's the grandma, i would expect her to share a picture or two from time to time." so now i'm feeling EXTRA BITCHY :) at least i have something to talk to my therapist about ,right? (it always seems that i have nothing and think i should cancel my appt. and then- BAM! i have something ;))

kristenk
06-11-2014, 12:03 PM
FWIW though, I have "friends only" as my privacy settings, and when someone shares my photo, all of their friends can see it, not just our mutual friends. Sorry :(

:yeahthat: I'm pretty sure that any photos your soon-to-be-ex-MIL posts on Facebook can be seen by anyone who can normally see her photos. So, who can see her photos are governed by HER Facebook settings. Once it's off your wall and onto someone else's, your settings no longer apply. :(

Seitvonzu
06-11-2014, 02:15 PM
uck. time to tell her son to tell her no sharing of my stuff unless she wants to be off my facebook. hooray!

lalasmama
06-11-2014, 05:41 PM
Totally get this, but it's not a grandma in our case.... But another family member who rarely sees DD posting my pictures of my DD, acting like she was there... "Oh, here Lala is at Disneyland! She loved Splash Mountain soooo much!" How do you know? You weren't there, and she never told you that!

Seitvonzu
06-11-2014, 10:21 PM
lalasmama-- that's EXACTLY it-- it seems like this was HER experience the way she posts it...that's what bugs me the most. i was just telling my therapist that. it's like -- you want to post pictures of your granddaughter of facebook? FINE, i'm not overly fond of you, but whatev...i'm not super paranoid about stuff like that. but POST YOUR PICTURES THAT YOU TAKE WHEN YOU SEE HER.

i do not keep her from taking pictures..it might have even been ok if she'd said "look at this cute pic of lucy that her mom posted--isn't she cute?" or something like that, acknowledging that she got this from me ...the way she posts it is just so WEIRD being a direct copy.

in other news, i told STBex that if she does that again she'll be off my facebook. it's just not acceptable to me.

mom2beofboy/girltwins
06-11-2014, 10:31 PM
I don't send ex-h any pics of the kids anymore because this is exactly what he was doing if I did - turning around and posting them on Facebook like they were pictures he took of stuff he was doing with the kids. Ugh. So now I never send a picture to him unless I'm in it too. I find that keeps them off Facebook lol ;)

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk