PDA

View Full Version : Cute summer sundresses?

acmom
06-18-2014, 03:29 PM
I have a rehearsal dinner, several graduation parties and a summer party coming up in the next 2 weeks and would like to find a cute summer sundress (or two!) to wear! I have a bunch but would love something fun and new. Anyone seen any that caught their eye or that they bought and love? I'm 5'2" and usually a size 2 and need something to buy in store (and no nordstrom close!) bc one event is this weekend!

mom2binsd
06-18-2014, 05:30 PM
I'm 4'11'' and have a number of dresses from target, they are the xhiliration brand, one is a royal blue tank dress, the fabric is a a bit dressier, it was 24.99 hits just above knee, it's a junior size and I wear a small, generally a 2 in most clothes... I'm on my phone or I'd link it. Easy to dress up or down with jewelry and different shoes.

http://www.target.com/p/xhilaration-junior-s-bodycon-dress-royal-blue/-/A-15099763#prodSlot=_2_3

There is also one in black too. Very flattering and so comfy!

It's called Bodycon junior dress...
Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

ang79
06-18-2014, 11:20 PM
I normally buy my summer dresses from old navy and target. I'm the same size as you and don't have a problem with length at either of these stores usually. Kohls sometimes has cute stuff too. Last summer I bought a few of their Apt. 9 dresses.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

cookiemonster80
06-19-2014, 10:01 AM
Kohls has some cute options - not the highest quality but on par with old navy. I have a couple from there

kirstensmom
06-19-2014, 01:12 PM
I wore this New York & Company dress to my daughter's graduation and it was very comfortable and flattering. I got tons of compliments. I thought it ran true to size. I'm 5' 2" and it hit right at the knee.

http://www.nyandcompany.com/nyco/prod/dresses/floral-lace-strapless-dress/A-prod980005/#.U6MZGCjOYr0

joules
06-19-2014, 04:31 PM
I'm sorry I know you specifically said not Nordstrom. I don't know if you can order online from them? I have a really hard time finding petite long summer dresses and I recently found this petite sized maxi skirt: http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/max-mia-crinkled-maxi-skirt-regular-petite/3261791?origin=category-personalizedsort&contextualcategoryid=0&fashionColor=Lipstick&resultback=185&cm_sp=personalizedsort-_-browseresults-_-1_1_B

It got great reviews and seems really versatile. However, I had a ton of problems ordering it online. They cancelled my order twice and now it's finally in the mail. I plan on wearing with a plain tank top and statement necklace.

acmom
06-19-2014, 08:04 PM
Thanks for the suggestions so far! I do have both Target and Kohls close so I will check those options out tomorrow. I like that NY&Co dress too.

I'm sorry I know you specifically said not Nordstrom. I don't know if you can order online from them? I have a really hard time finding petite long summer dresses and I recently found this petite sized maxi skirt: http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/max-mia-crinkled-maxi-skirt-regular-petite/3261791?origin=category-personalizedsort&contextualcategoryid=0&fashionColor=Lipstick&resultback=185&cm_sp=personalizedsort-_-browseresults-_-1_1_B

It got great reviews and seems really versatile. However, I had a ton of problems ordering it online. They cancelled my order twice and now it's finally in the mail. I plan on wearing with a plain tank top and statement necklace.

Thanks for the maxi skirt recommendation too! I don't know if it would get here in time for any of the events, but looks like a great find anyway as I can never find long stuff that works. What color did you get?

joules
06-20-2014, 01:46 AM
Thanks for the maxi skirt recommendation too! I don't know if it would get here in time for any of the events, but looks like a great find anyway as I can never find long stuff that works. What color did you get?

You're welcome. I got the lipstick red color. But ordering was such an ordeal. It was out of stock and I had to call to confirm I still wanted it (or else they would cancel my order). I called and it got cancelled anyways. This happened twice. Then I was determined to get it so I ordered it in the non-petite length too. And in the blue and black petite lengths. And then again in petite lipstick. Finally I got shipping notification for the petite lipstick and I think non-petite too. So far those are the only 2 that have shipped. I hope it's worth the trouble. I really need it for a casual rehearsal dinner coming up.

The only other maxi that has worked for me is the Boden maxi dress in petite (I'm 5'2"). But I bought it in black and it actually looks a bit too formal sometimes.

wallawala
06-20-2014, 12:47 PM

Don't know if this might work in a pinch to substitute if you have Old Navy close. Looks like it comes in petite sizes, you could see if they're in stock at your location.
http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?pid=967278

ang79
06-20-2014, 04:50 PM
I just got this maxi from Target.com. I'm not quite 5'2" and around 110 lbs. and the XS fits me well. The skirt is a nice length and I can wear flats with it. I got the blue color, its a nice color.

g-mama
06-20-2014, 05:13 PM
I just picked up two really cute sundresses from Nordstrom Rack today. Really, there were 4 or 5 I loved but I held back! They were all in the $25-35 price range from Max Studio.

acmom
06-20-2014, 10:12 PM
I just got this maxi from Target.com. I'm not quite 5'2" and around 110 lbs. and the XS fits me well. The skirt is a nice length and I can wear flats with it. I got the blue color, its a nice color.

Sounds like a good option! Can you post a link? Thanks!

ang79
06-22-2014, 06:47 PM
Sounds like a good option! Can you post a link? Thanks!

Sorry, thought I had put the link the my original post! Here it is. There is a sale on them right now, buy one get one 50% off. Forgot to mention in the last post, the ruched band around the waist has a very wide elastic band, which works for me as it holds in my little tummy bulge and I don't find it uncomfortable (though I haven't worn the skirt out yet, just tried it on), but some of the reviews mentioned it made the waist band tight, so FYI if you want to try two sizes.
http://www.target.com/p/merona-petites-ruched-waist-knit-maxi-skirt-assorted-colors/-/A-14924823#prodSlot=medium_1_4&term=petite+maxi

joules
06-28-2014, 01:29 PM

I got 3 of my skirts in :bag. All in the lipstick color in sizes Small, Petite Small, Petite Xsmall. I'm 5'2". It is a really bright and pretty red. I am going to keep the small. The length on the petite small is perfect. But the inside jersey lining is a little too short...I think it makes the dress look more casual because more of my ankles/calves show. I don't know if that even makes sense. The chiffon part is longer than the inside layer. I liked the longer lining of the small size...it made the skirt look a tiny bit dressier and fuller. There is a foldover elastic top on the skirt so it makes it easy to adjust the length. I wore it to work on Friday. If I wasn't careful, I would step on it a little. I think I got compliments from every female at work. And one male too. One of my coworkers wants to buy the petite small from me. haha.