PDA

View Full Version : Native Shoes on Sale - REI

khughes
06-20-2014, 10:27 AM
rei.com has the Jefferson and Miller shoes on sale for $20-$21. I'm pretty sure Nordstrom will price match. Anybody know how sizing is like for this brand? I've never purchased a pair for my girls but I will at these prices.

look.com has a few pairs on sale as well but not as cheap.

wallawala
06-20-2014, 11:26 AM
We love these. And REI's price is great. Thier return policy is good, so order 2 sizes if you need and return to store if they don't fit.

I'm seriously debating breaking my no buying shoes ahead policy to get some for next year.

I think they only come in full sizes and run slightly large, so if a half size, then go down (ie if 9.5 then order a 9).
Smaller toddler sizes are a bit tricky to squeeze on, but are comfy and generous once on.
DS is a size 7 and we wrestle them on him, but he can kick them off when he feels like it and he loves them.
DD is a size 9 and they are very simple to put on.

abh5e8
06-20-2014, 02:45 PM
are they like croc material? what do you like about them?

khughes
06-20-2014, 02:56 PM
are they like croc material? what do you like about them?

They are Croc material. People rave about them all the time and I need to just do it.

abh5e8
06-20-2014, 04:16 PM
so sell me....why are they awesome? do kids tend to trip in them like with crocs?

khughes
06-20-2014, 06:12 PM
We love these. And REI's price is great. Thier return policy is good, so order 2 sizes if you need and return to store if they don't fit.

I'm seriously debating breaking my no buying shoes ahead policy to get some for next year.

I think they only come in full sizes and run slightly large, so if a half size, then go down (ie if 9.5 then order a 9).
Smaller toddler sizes are a bit tricky to squeeze on, but are comfy and generous once on.
DS is a size 7 and we wrestle them on him, but he can kick them off when he feels like it and he loves them.
DD is a size 9 and they are very simple to put on.
I showed my daughter a picture and she said they're ugly. Hahah. I don't care what she thinks, these are perfect for the summer.

tarnator
06-20-2014, 08:42 PM
Those are great prices! They cost an arm and a leg here.....which is ironic since i think that they are designed here. I have a pair myself and really like them. I had to laugh when I was at the local sandbox because I think that about 80% of the kids were in them.

goldenpig
06-21-2014, 02:26 AM
Thanks for the tip. I will have to go there to get a pair for DS. They seem to run at least 1-2 sizes large. I ordered a pair for DD in size 11 and a pair for DS in size 9, which are the sizes that they wear in their Stride Rite sneakers and what they measure on those foot scales, but when they came the 11 was too big for her and the 9 was just right so she took the pair that was meant for DS. She loves them! They seem less trippy than the Crocs because the whole foot is enclosed.

wallawala
06-21-2014, 05:26 PM
We like them because the kids think they are comfy. They are much slimmer profile than Crocs, so they don't trip and as they are totally enclosed they can wear them to school (croc's are banned). Ours don't stink (well yet anyway). They look way better on the foot than in the store.

Oh... and the "surfer blue" color coordinates with the "blue pool" from Hanna Anderson PERFECTLY.

This is DD's favorite outfit
http://www.zappos.com/native-kids-shoes-jefferson-toddler-little-kid-surfer-blue?ef_id=UiaMnwAABKfo8wVy:20140621212214:s
http://www.hannaandersson.com/style.asp?from=SC&pcid=25&styleid=41319&simg=41319_80M

ETA: Looks like REI is sold out of the surfer blue color now. Green is cute too! DS has the navy blue and they are as versatile as tennis shoes, but can get wet and muddy without fear.

urquie
07-11-2014, 11:47 AM
Surfer blue Jeffersons are back in stock and still on sale
http://www.rei.com/search?query=native+shoes

my wide footed girl tried on the Jeffersons and she liked how they felt.

Momit
07-11-2014, 12:21 PM
We love Natives. I always pack them for vacations because they are perfect pool shoes but they also look somewhat sneaker-ish for walking around town. DS always loved Crocs but now he prefers these.

alirebco
07-11-2014, 01:01 PM
I prefer the Natives to Crocs. More sturdy, don't cause tripping, etc.