PDA

View Full Version : ISO deal on Power Wheels Dune Racer

MommyofAmaya
06-23-2014, 01:10 PM
I THINK that they are discontinuing the green model: http://www.amazon.com/Power-Wheels-Dune-Racer-Green/dp/B004M2BINA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1403542902&sr=8-1&keywords=dune+racer

and replacing it with the new red model:http://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-Power-Wheels-Boys-Racer/dp/B00IVDVWVO/ref=sr_1_2?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1403543178&sr=1-2&keywords=dune+racer

I was hoping to find a deal on the green model but I haven't seen ANY type of discount so far- everywhere besides Amazon charges an oversize ship fee that kills any deals available.

I cannot pay full price but I would probably pull the trigger at regular price with no tax at this point. Any ideas?

emily
06-23-2014, 01:34 PM
Our local supermarkets (Shop Rite) usually clearances them out at the end of summer for under $200. I sent DH for milk and he came back with the green model for about $160 a couple of years back. :ROTFLMAO:We saw them last summer too.

MamaInMarch
06-23-2014, 03:15 PM
So far we have picked up all of our Power Wheels at Kmarts. The dune racer there is a blue one exclusive to them (Hot Wheels version). I got it when they offered a 10% back in points promo if you put it on layaway. It had to be on layaway for a certain number of days (2 or something) so I just came back as soon as my waiting period was up and paid it off.

My mom just found a Cadillac Escalade at the Uniontown, PA store for $279 last night. Actually just coming to post that deal here! YMMV - she thought from the way it was tagged that it was an attempt to get it out of the store because it had been there a while.

MommyofAmaya
06-23-2014, 03:58 PM
So far we have picked up all of our Power Wheels at Kmarts. The dune racer there is a blue one exclusive to them (Hot Wheels version). I got it when they offered a 10% back in points promo if you put it on layaway. It had to be on layaway for a certain number of days (2 or something) so I just came back as soon as my waiting period was up and paid it off.

My mom just found a Cadillac Escalade at the Uniontown, PA store for $279 last night. Actually just coming to post that deal here! YMMV - she thought from the way it was tagged that it was an attempt to get it out of the store because it had been there a while.

The Hot Wheels version is actually the one we want- unfortunately, we do not have Kmart here and it is unavailable for shipping to my zip from either Sears or Kmart. I am planning to buy the decals from the Hot Wheels version and put them on the green or red one- which is why I want to save at least $20.

We don't have Shop-Rite either- and I need before July 7th so I can't wait till end of summer.

Thanks to you both for the tips though.

MamaInMarch
06-23-2014, 09:09 PM
Oh, boo! Hmmm... What about a Toys R Us price match? I'll keep my eye out!