PDA

View Full Version : How much does it cost for WDW and Universal

niccig
06-26-2014, 02:10 AM
We're planning a trip in June 2015. I've started to look a little and well, sticker shock at room rates! I know it depends on where you stay, what you eat, what you do, but I was wondering for ball park figure of what others have spent. We're 3 adults and 1 child. MIL said she'll pay for some things, not sure what yet.

This may be the only trip to Orlando, as we have DL and Universal Hollywood local to us, so can't see us going back.

klwa
06-26-2014, 07:14 AM
Be sure to sign up for Mousesavers email newsletter to get the best deals on tickets from Undercover Tourist.

KrisM
06-26-2014, 07:24 AM
We are 5 and spent about $4800 plus airfare. That included 8 nights at POR, 7 day base tickets, and non-dining plan food. Obviously with fewer people, the tickets and food will drop.

ETA: We were there in early April, a couple weeks before Easter. I think we had the highest season for pricing on rooms. DS1 was a 3 weeks short of turning 10, so a child ticket for him.

DualvansMommy
06-26-2014, 01:36 PM
We spend (MIL spend actually, as it was my IL's treat) 3,560 for a room at Beach Club resort for just DH, myself and 2 boys. That included airfare, meal plan (dining plus) and tickets for 4 day to parks. We were there for 5 nights/6 days, which just felt right for us as we spend most of time in MK and Epcot. It was done through my MIL's AAA membership which was a very good deal i thought, as OP discovered it's 700 something a night at BC. Obviously we didn't have that rate, otherwise our total would have been higher! I have to agree with other pp who said to be careful when booking with AAA as some agents are clueless, which i found our agent to be one. It was only my research from here and disboards that i was able to steer the agent to make our vacation more memorable.

MIL paid 3K even for just herself and FIL in another room with same details as ours above, and my mum paid 3k for herself in her own room which felt costly since it was just herself. Mum thought it was reasonable as meal plan was included.

brittone2
06-26-2014, 01:55 PM
We were around 5000-6000 including airfare for 2 adults, 3 children (DS1 was juuuust under turning 10). We stayed at a moderate (POR), and were booked during Stay, Play, Dine, which gave a discount on room, tickets, and food. We were there Feb 3-10th. We did the dining plan, but only because with S,P,D it was an okay deal. In the future, I would strongly consider skipping the meal plan unless we were there during a significant promotion. It is just so. much. food. My kids didn't want any more sugar, snacks, whatever by the last 2 days. At all. And we easily could have shared many, many, many of our meals without anyone feeling the least bit slighted. Our travel agent upgraded my two oldest kids to adult dining, which was not an issue since during S,P,D adults could get the dining plan for kid prices IIRC. That was nice as they enjoyed eating from the adult menu offerings.

123LuckyMom
06-26-2014, 02:54 PM
It REALLY varies! We spent at least $6000 plus airfare for our six day, seven night stay at the Poly at Disney. That includes park hopper tickets. My mother subsidized the trip, though.

When DH and I budget for the next trip, we probably won't stay in a deluxe. We plan to save $5-$6k for everything, including airfare and food. We'll be two adults, two children.

ChefGirl
06-26-2014, 03:19 PM
We went last Thanksgiving to WDW. We drove and took my parents so total 4 adults and 3 kids. We used some leftover non-expiration tickets on the kids. We stayed a week at WBC with 3 BR Deluxe for $899. We did not do any Disney dining plans nor did we do any character meals. We drove to the park every day and parked there. We did all four parks plus DH and the three kids did the Downtown Disney arcade thing. I'd say in total, we spent about $4,000 to $5,000 for the 7 of us for the week.

niccig
06-26-2014, 08:09 PM
Thanks everyone. Your replies have given me a ball park idea. I need to look into all the discounts mentioned here then talk with DH and MIL to make decisions about where to stay, food etc.