PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for the advance notice DH

georgiegirl
06-26-2014, 09:17 PM
I'm fuming! I'm leaving for a trip on Saturday and I'm flying with all three kids alone. (DH was supposed to come too but we decided on Monday he should stay...long story). Well, tonight I go and look for our big suitcase and it's not here. No biggie, I think, the ILs borrowed it and never returned it. So I asked DH about it and he says, " oh yeah, it's broken. One of the bottom squares fell off in transit so it doesn't stand up anymore. Why don't you buy another one tomorrow." Thanks for the f-ing advance notice. His parents have been back for a month....he's had a month to tell me about it. It's our only big suitcase, and I need to buy a replacement the day before I'm supposed to travel with the kids alone?!? And he has the gall to get mad at me for being angry. I'm not traveling with three kids and three small suitcases (and a stroller), and I don't have time to research and buy a suitcase tomorrow. And I don't want to travel with a big rolling suitcase that falls over and can't stand up...call me picky. Dude, if you wanted to get lucky tonight, you just ruined your chances.

belovedgandp
06-26-2014, 10:30 PM
Oh; I don't think so. He should be booking it to Kohl's right now.

abh5e8
06-26-2014, 10:37 PM
yikes. does LLbean have next day delivery?

OKKiddo
06-26-2014, 10:38 PM
I have the smaller 21" Costco Kirkland Spinner suitcases and plan to get the larger one as well. I love those suitcases and because they're from Costco I know I can go back to return them if they fail to live up to my expectations. Send your husband to Costco! And while he's there you can have him load up on some travel snacks for you and the kiddos. ;)

georgiegirl
06-27-2014, 01:48 AM
I have the smaller 21" Costco Kirkland Spinner suitcases and plan to get the larger one as well. I love those suitcases and because they're from Costco I know I can go back to return them if they fail to live up to my expectations. Send your husband to Costco! And while he's there you can have him load up on some travel snacks for you and the kiddos. ;)

Brilliant idea, I will be headed to costco tomorrow.

zukeypur
06-27-2014, 10:47 AM
BBB "cup half full" crew to the rescue!

Giantbear
06-27-2014, 10:53 AM
simple rule, you screw up, you fix it. Sounds like hubby needs to go buy you guys a new suitcase tonight.

OKKiddo
06-27-2014, 10:53 AM
BBB "cup half full" crew to the rescue!

Lol!! Totally made me smile! Glad I could help.

BunnyBee
06-27-2014, 11:10 AM
That sucks! We've had good luck flinging suitcases at TJMaxx. Fingers crossed your travels go smoothly from here!

mikala
06-27-2014, 11:16 AM
That sucks! We've had good luck flinging suitcases at TJMaxx. Fingers crossed your travels go smoothly from here!
lol, love this autocorrect!!

I've had good luck at TJMaxx too. We also have some costco luggage that has held up well.

BunnyBee
06-27-2014, 03:04 PM
lol, love this autocorrect!!

I've had good luck at TJMaxx too. We also have some costco luggage that has held up well.

Ha! Oops. Maybe flinging suitcases would be stress-reducing. Until you get kicked out of the store anyway. ;)

georgiegirl
06-27-2014, 03:17 PM
Got a suitcase at TJMaxx. Thank goodness the older kids were at camp or else there would have been lots of suitcase flinging.