PDA

View Full Version : What is your uniform this summer?

wellyes
06-27-2014, 04:23 PM
Meaning what do you wear most days.
I am in a utilitarian phase: lands end tanks, capris and flip flops.
i just love the variety of posters we have so hoping to hear some interesting answers!

scrooks
06-27-2014, 04:31 PM
I have a couple pairs of dockers khaki shorts from kohls and several tank tops with gathering around the sleeve hole and neck hole...i think i got them at target or the ann taylor outlet....very boring and not very flattering but it is what i have been wearing everyday!

mikala
06-27-2014, 04:36 PM
My mom uniform is similar. Capri, skirt or athleta skort on the bottom, Loft Sunwashed t or cute tank top, sandals and some fun jewelry. I'm also loving tank sundresses this summer and found a cute blue maxi skirt in one of the Nordstrom sales.

I used to skip skirts and dresses because I'm always climbing playground equipment with the toddler. I finally had a duh moment and realized I can just put bike shorts under my skirts.

AnnieW625
06-27-2014, 04:37 PM
Office days (M-Th):
light weight wool pants, or skirts
silk, cotton, or polyester blend short sleeve tops or shells
light weight, usually cotton short sleeve or 3/4 length cardigans
Boden jersey dresses
when it is really hot like 95+ I have some nice Boden like tank dresses from Target that are still office appropriate (I do need to get some more)
I usually wear nice structured peep toe heels, flat sandals, or wedge ankle strap sandals

Office Friday:
denim jeans
cropped non denim pants (nothing that goes higher than the bottom of my calf!)
solid or design tee shirt, but not a tee shirt with a brand logo (either 3/4, short sleeve, or long sleeve)
shell with a cardigan
sandals, either Bass leather sandals, Birkenstock Grenada, or some wedges by Dansko or Munro

Weekend wear:
Ann Taylor Loft or Eddie Bauer shorts
Boden tank tops
Jockey brand tank tops for when I am cleaning up around the house
random brands of workout capris for when I am cleaning up around the house
a selection of nicer sundresses, and maxi dresses for dinners out, church, or dinner with friends (some are ones I wear to work, but I don't wear the maxi ones to work)
Crocs brand flip flops or my leather Reef flip flops, plus the Dansko, Birkenstock, Munro, and Bass sandals

Accessories:
pearl earrings or something casual like a small drop earring
I always have a necklace on usually a simple pearl drop, a plain gold chain, or a gold chain with a cross. I have some other layering necklaces as well, but usually just wear those at the office or if I am going out or to church on the weekends.
I have a toe ring that hasn't come off of my right index toe pretty much since I bought it in 1996.
I wear a watch, my wedding ring, and a right hand ring almost every day, I feel naked without them. I also feel naked at anytime I am outside without sunglasses on.

carolinacool
06-27-2014, 04:42 PM
My company officially went casual a couple of months ago (as in jeans/sneakers OK every day), so I live in cute but casual basics that are OK for work - tank dresses, flats, strappy sandals, skirts and pretty tees. Today, I'm wearing a pink tee, some casual black capris and sandals.

On the weekends, I'm in tees/tanks and my 7-inch inseam shorts from Old Navy. I love the look of sundresses and skirts, but (TMI), my thighs rub together and after a while it gets very uncomfortable. It's one thing while sitting at work, it's another to be walking around for hours on the weekend. Never though about bike shorts! Hmmm.

SnuggleBuggles
06-27-2014, 05:09 PM
Sundresses
A-line skirts w tank tops
Usually my dainty, bad for my feet flip flops. :)
Love necklaces, bracelets and earrings. I limit musket to 2 accessories though for day to day stuff.

I don't wear capris anymore and I only wear shorts if I feel they make more sense than skirts, like hikes or amusement parks.

scrooks
06-27-2014, 05:12 PM
Sorry to hijack...I see lots of people listing sun dresses. I love sundresses but can never seem to find flattering ones. I still have a belly from ds2 (yes...he's almost 1...I know) and I am not small (size 12ish)....any suggestions???

mikala
06-27-2014, 05:46 PM
Sorry to hijack...I see lots of people listing sun dresses. I love sundresses but can never seem to find flattering ones. I still have a belly from ds2 (yes...he's almost 1...I know) and I am not small (size 12ish)....any suggestions???

I've had to just try on a bunch of different styles to figure out what looks best on my figure. The waist placement seems to make the biggest difference for me. Too high and it can look like I'm trying to hide a baby bump. Too low and my torso looks square and my hips look wider. I currently like things that hit at my natural waist or can be belted there with a wide belt.

The material also matters. I generally avoid really thin synthetics because they can cling and show panty lines. I prefer to fabrics with a little more structure.

Here's an example of one I recently found. I only saw the black in store, fabric was a little thin but it looks nice. http://m.kohls.com/kohlsopenapi/productmobile.html?productID=1781517

This is another. The waist hits a little lower on me so it's less empire. http://m.zappos.com/life-is-good-crossover-sun-dress

jbbhb
06-27-2014, 05:53 PM
For this looking for shorts for under dresses (I also suffer from the thigh rub), I bought these a few years ago based on a recommendation I read here and they are amazing! So comfy!

http://m.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/pro-5-core-compression-shorts/pid-828499/pgid-828500

boolady
06-27-2014, 05:58 PM
For this looking for shorts for under dresses (I also suffer from the thigh rub), I bought these a few years ago based on a recommendation I read here and they are amazing! So comfy!

http://m.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/pro-5-core-compression-shorts/pid-828499/pgid-828500

Are they hot? I picture myself getting too warm with them on under a skirt, but maybe not.

jbbhb
06-27-2014, 06:02 PM
Are they hot? I picture myself getting too warm with them on under a skirt, but maybe not.

I don't find them to be hot at all that I can remember. I wear them as underwear. I will pay more attention next time I wear them and update :)

twowhat?
06-27-2014, 06:19 PM
Athleta scramble skort and a tank or tee. And Tevas. I work from home, so I can be a slob:)

boogiemomz
06-27-2014, 07:16 PM
Athleta skort, tank or T shirt, flops or sneakers.

SnuggleBuggles
06-27-2014, 07:31 PM

Try Lands End. I like the shirred surplice dress.

wallawala
06-27-2014, 07:38 PM
Loose T-shirt
Puella makes my current favorite
http://www.anthropologie.com/anthro/product/4112059382010.jsp?cm_vc=SEARCH_RESULTS#/

Cropped or rolled Jeans
Ballet flats or Jack Rogers sandals

Trying to up my accessories game, and found this at Nordstroms Rack for much less. It is awesome!
http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/michele-tahitian-jelly-bean-watch-40mm/3221372?origin=category-personalizedsort&contextualcategoryid=0&fashionColor=&resultback=300&cm_sp=personalizedsort-_-browseresults-_-1_1_B

ellies mom
06-27-2014, 07:51 PM
Navy scrubs to work. But otherwise, I wear a lot of a-line skirts with t-shirts, draped neck tops or tank tops with the occasional denim capri pant. For shoes, Dansko sandals, Converse all-stars or flat MJ type shoe. Jewelry-wise, maybe a necklace, my wedding band and I live in a pair of silver hoop earrings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StantonHyde
06-27-2014, 07:55 PM
Non work days:
patagonia skirts (just above knee length)
T-shirt or tank
Chaco sandals
And I think I am one of the people who originally recommended the Nike Pro shorts--love em! I don't get any hotter in them than I would in regular underwear--maybe a little bit I suppose when I am outside in the heat for a long time, but I then all of me is sweating!
I also have some dresses from Title 9 or REI that I like to wear

Work days:
dresses or skirts with cropped cardigan (from Boden mostly)
cotton pants with draped cardigan
If I have to--skirt and jacket
With pants--I mostly wear Danskos, with skirts I wear flats
I can't wear tanks or even really sleeveless without a cardigan. I also can't wear open toed shoes. Cropped pants are ok as long as they are mid calf. And my office has tons of AC!!!

YouAreTheFocus
06-27-2014, 07:55 PM
Similar to you, OP--CK capris with tees from mostly Boden or Gap, these shoes: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005IX3RCW/ref=twister_B005IX3M40

I'm 31 wks pregnant but I'd be wearing the same thing even if I wasn't--I only have 1 piece of actual maternity clothing.

I should add that I WOH so there are days I wear pjs/yoga pants all day, too :)

daisysmom
06-27-2014, 08:24 PM
I think this must be temperature dependent. In the south east it is hot and way way humid. Capris are way too hot. For the office (roughly 930-345 for me every day), I west a Boden sundress or white capris snd some sort of dressier t shirt or skirt snd a tshirt. Then I get my daughter from A camp and we are both in our bathing suits from 4-6 for swim team and pool time. In the evenings I am in shorts (often still bore my suit) and a t shirt. At almost 45 years old, I honestly feel like I am dressing more youthful this summer than I have in years.

wendibird22
06-27-2014, 08:39 PM
Work days:
Cotton dresses from Loft
Capris with dressier t's
Maxi dress
Usually dressier birks, dansko sandals, or wedges

Weekends:
Loft shorts w graphic t's or t's with some visual interest
Skort from EB
ON fold over skirt
Birks, Ahnu karma, flip flops

liz
06-27-2014, 09:08 PM
When I am not working, I wear Athleta shorts, skorts or capris (depending on the temp). I have a ton of inexpensive cute Tshirts mainly from Kohls, Target, ON. For jewelry I wear my Alex & Ani and Pandora bracelets, studs or hoops for earrings and a silver pendant necklace I got for mothers day. Shoes can be flip flops, Born or Jambu sandals.....but I most often reach for my Keens (I need the bag over the smile emoticon) . They are so supportive and they protect my toes. Seriously, the boys step on my toes all.the. time!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy

Melaine
06-27-2014, 09:13 PM
I have really made an effort to step up my "style" this year, but I am in still trying to figure out what looks good. I am back to a weight I am happy with so have brought shorts back into my wardrobe. I missed them! I am doing:
patterned sheer chiffon tops over tanks with different shorts
camo shorts with a coral peasant top.
maxi dress that i made from a shirt and skirt
I just made a couple of maxi skirts that will go into rotation with tees
I have just added a couple of denim vests that I am excited about, especially over H&M striped maxi dress. I followed a pinterest tutorial and found a kids' size denim jacket at Goodwill for $1.80, cut the sleeves off and it makes a perfect vest!
Found some really fun vintage necklaces for a couple dollars each so can't wait to match those up.
Capri leggings (really, right at knee....not sure what length those are) with long tunic tops/dresses

with most things I wear flipflops but I put on converse once in awhile or some cute old navy sandles that are slightly more dressy. I would love to find some really cute wedges that I can chase the kids in.

Nooknookmom
06-28-2014, 12:02 AM
Tee shirt, tank top, jean shorts, flip flops. If I'm in a "mood" for dinners out, a high low dress.

wellyes
06-28-2014, 10:09 AM
I have really made an effort to step up my "style" this year, but I am in still trying to figure out what looks good. I am back to a weight I am happy with so have brought shorts back into my wardrobe. I missed them! I am doing:
patterned sheer chiffon tops over tanks with different shorts
camo shorts with a coral peasant top.
maxi dress that i made from a shirt and skirt
I just made a couple of maxi skirts that will go into rotation with tees
I have just added a couple of denim vests that I am excited about, especially over H&M striped maxi dress. I followed a pinterest tutorial and found a kids' size denim jacket at Goodwill for $1.80, cut the sleeves off and it makes a perfect vest!
Found some really fun vintage necklaces for a couple dollars each so can't wait to match those up.
Capri leggings (really, right at knee....not sure what length those are) with long tunic tops/dresses

with most things I wear flipflops but I put on converse once in awhile or some cute old navy sandles that are slightly more dressy. I would love to find some really cute wedges that I can chase the kids in.

Ambitious! Good for you.

brittone2
06-28-2014, 10:33 AM
Dresses, casual skirts, everlane ryan tanks, white jeans, sandals, d'orsay flats, drapey v neck tees, everlane v necks

MelissaTC
06-28-2014, 12:46 PM
I joke that my summer wardrobe is courtesy of Target. ;) I'm living in the Merona brand 5 inch shorts and Merona tanks. I have several of their A line and maxi skirts. My favorite piece right now is a navy crepe 3/4 sleeve cardigan I bought from White House Black Market. It is super lightweight and seems to go with almost everything.

I bought a pair of tan wedge sandals but otherwise, all my footwear is from the past couple of summers. I live in my Rainbow flip flops and Ecco Flash sandals.

lizzywednesday
06-28-2014, 05:20 PM
Skorts, tee shirts, sneakers.

Occasionally athletic pants (a size or 2 too small :bag), freebie tees, and flip flops (I hate flip-flops) so at least I'm clothed to drop DD off at "camp."

I should really be in the workout clothing more often because I'm supposed to be, you know, working out.

cookiemonster80
06-28-2014, 07:31 PM

I have 4 patterns of this dress- I originally got one for nursing, it was great for postpartum. Now that I'm semi normal, but still have a belly they are still my favorite- they are so cheap right now I'm considering getting another but they only have solids in my size and I'm not sure they will be as flattering as the patterned.

http://m.garnethill.com/products/244772?categoryId=47010&path=~starlet-knit-dress~womens-fashion~dresses~

JdrKuhnert
07-01-2014, 11:32 AM
This year I am wearing a lot of skirts and sundresses. I wear jockey slipshorts so that I don't have to worry about flashing anyone. I am so happy that I discovered the slipshorts.

legaleagle
07-01-2014, 11:41 AM

Can you size up if you don't want actual compression? Or are they not really compressing at all? Do they wick well? I like the jockey slipshorts but I get too sweaty under them in the DC summers.

mypa
07-01-2014, 03:13 PM
Athleta skorts with lightweight cotton or linen t-shirts mostly from Loft, Boden, LE.

Loft and GH cotton dresses.

Fit flop or Dansko sandals.

mackmama
07-02-2014, 08:47 PM
I have just started wearing shorts. I never wear shorts. I'm a big mini skirt fan, but I've never been comfortable in shorts. This summer I've just said screw it. The funny thing is I've gone with short shorts. Why not? I found two cute pairs at the Gap and am going for it. I feel so free! :)

(Besides that I am mainly wearing my traditional summer uniform of some type of mini skirt from Title Nine, a fitted or relaxed tee from Michael Stars or Splendid, and sandals from Sundance.)

nupe
07-02-2014, 09:00 PM
Fila skorts from Sams. Sized up from medium to large. Sigh. But they are so comfy.
Loose tshirts.
Crocs cleo or Pliners or merrell barefoot wonder glove!
and my athleta hat over a my ponytail! talk about low maintenance...
a slim keen wristlet/purse
and never leave home without my water bottle...