PDA

View Full Version : Subsequent SPD?

Mopey
06-29-2014, 11:58 PM
Hey ladies,

Just curious as to the recurrence rate of SPD if you've had it during a pregnancy? Anyone btdt? Does it always come back? Baby #2 is in the back of my mind and this is what scares me the most....I can't imagine being in that much pain for 3+ mos with a toddler :( any btdt?

TIA!! :)

Tondi G
06-30-2014, 01:10 AM
found this article http://www.birthsource.com/scripts/article.asp?articleid=189

amom526
06-30-2014, 06:55 AM
Hey ladies,

Just curious as to the recurrence rate of SPD if you've had it during a pregnancy? Anyone btdt? Does it always come back? Baby #2 is in the back of my mind and this is what scares me the most....I can't imagine being in that much pain for 3+ mos with a toddler :( any btdt?

TIA!! :)

I think it is pretty likely to happen again, although don't know for sure. I had it again the second time around. It started a little earlier, but took longer until it got really bad. Ds1 was a very late walker, and I remember having to carry him down the steps and it was pure agony. But at the same time, most of my pain was with normal every day activities that I would have had to do, toddler or not. It was definitely hard, but I don't remember it being that much harder than just having spd with no toddler around iykwim.

pastrygirl
06-30-2014, 08:54 AM
I had it worse the second time around, and it started early -- at the start of the 2nd trimester. :(

I see a chiro every 4 weeks while pregnant; it helps.

Mopey
06-30-2014, 10:13 AM
Thanks ladies. I had a feeling this is the score. Amom - I am mainly concerned about not being able to take it as easy as I was in the last three months of being pregnant with Mopey (even rolling over in bed was excruciating). I got to park myself on the couch and balloon (yikes!) but at least I didn't have to be going going going. I'm scared about the forty blocks total that I walk every day she's at daycare (3x/week) and no help with PU & DO. Not to mention my very physical job. And an earlier start?! Ugh.

Honestly I should just shut up and pray I get to be in that kind of pain again, right?! :o Right.

swissair81
06-30-2014, 12:30 PM
I had it with baby #2 (and 3/4/5). Im at the point where I have SPD if I lift too much when I'm not pregnant.