PDA

View Full Version : I cannot take this dishwasher torture.

Melaine
06-30-2014, 09:11 PM
My old dishwasher was a pathetic mess. It was literally falling apart for YEARS before we gave up and replaced it. Pieces broken. tHe door would swing so far the rack would fall OUT....the handle was broken so you needed specific instructions to open the door. The top rack would slide off the screws every time and have to be readjusted. the racks were rusty and starting to ruin y dishes. It was terrible and it was like that for literally years.

In February we replaced it with a new Whirlpool dishwasher from HHGregg. We have had it serviced FIVE times. I have been handwashing dishes tons and had to empty out my stupid cabinets FIVE times. We have had two different companies come out and they say it is fixed every time. I seriously thought on Friday this guy was legit but it is STILL not draining. I have been spent soooo long in hold with Whirlpool (40 minutes just on thursday), had to rush home to meet the repair guys, etc.

I am so sick of this stupid dishwasher I could scream. Between that and removing the nightmare wallpaper from the bathroom i just want to run away from home.

HannaAddict
06-30-2014, 09:32 PM
Ditch it if you can and get a Bosch or Miele. Very frustrating. I'm sorry.

SnuggleBuggles
06-30-2014, 09:43 PM
Agree- ditch it for something new. I know it sucks to pay twice for something but it isn't likely to improve. Our beach house rental had some crappy dishwasher that left me longing for my Bosch every day. A good dishwasher is a wonderful thing. And, don't buy it from a big box store. They have lower level models there a lot of the time.

BunnyBee
06-30-2014, 09:49 PM
Five times??? That's insane! I hope you get that lemon out of your house ASAP! FWIW, we got results by posting on an appliance company's FB page and tweeting when they and Lowe's were utterly useless on the phone.

elbenn
06-30-2014, 10:14 PM
Is it under warranty? If it is and it's been serviced five times, will they consider replacing it with a different one? I'm guessing you are already trying to get Whirlpool to do this.

nfowife
07-01-2014, 06:32 AM
Time to post to whirlpools fb page to encourage a replacement....

specialp
07-01-2014, 06:52 AM
That sucks. Hope you get it replaced soon, but goodness, what a hassle.

egoldber
07-01-2014, 08:47 AM
I would ask for a replacement. Clearly it's a lemon.

hbridge
07-01-2014, 08:27 PM
I would ask for a replacement. Clearly it's a lemon.

I would do the same. If this is a new machine they should replace this for no cost.

If nothing else, ask for a refund (at least partial) so you can get one that works.

We had SO much trouble with our Bosch, I was so happy to replace it even though it was only a few years old. I should have spoken up and asked for a replacement instead of letting them keep repairing the recall issue; the machine never worked correctly after that.

Good luck.

AnnieW625
07-02-2014, 10:42 AM
I think you have a lemon too, and I would ask for a replacement. Good luck.

Rainbows&Roses
07-06-2014, 02:01 AM
I would try and get it replaced.

We only buy our appliances from Sears and get the warranty. After 5 years we had a DW that needed to be serviced 3 times in a year. I think on the 4th service call in a year, they give you a new one. DW are made to break. They have a whole bunch of parts on them that are destined to fail.