PDA

View Full Version : Black Work Pants and Slip Resistant Shoes

khughes
07-01-2014, 09:34 AM
I start a new job next week and the dress code is completely different to what I've been used to. I need slip-resistant shoes. I have a pair of Danskos that I've had for years but I want to get another pair. Are Danskos my only choice that will go well with black slacks and a casual top? I also need to get a few more pairs of pants that don't need to be dry cleaned and will hold up well in the wash.

What are your go-to brands for pants and shoes?

erosenst
07-01-2014, 11:41 AM
Depends on how casual 'casual' is. I went from 'really conservative' to 'conservative but nice business casual' to 'PG rates and appropriate body parts covered' (I"m serious on the last). However, it's also 'modified OSHA' so have to wear flat shoes with foot covering. If you can pull it off with your dress code, look at Skechers Go Walk and similar. A lot of cute ones. If a little dressier, look at Me Too ballet flats and similar - they have a rubber sole that will likely qualify.

As far as washable pants - I was surprised last time I looked at Dockers. If you have a Kohl's nearby look there for those and similar brands. Macy's also has some lines that are washable and inexpensive enough ($25 or so but look nice) that if they start looking worn you can replace in a year.

Good luck.

aa2mama
07-01-2014, 12:06 PM
My go-to work pants are Express Editor pants. I'm not so sure about suggestions for slip-resistant shoes. If you like Danskos, I'd just get another pair!

mjs64
07-01-2014, 03:05 PM
My go-to work pants are Express Editor pants. I'm not so sure about suggestions for slip-resistant shoes. If you like Danskos, I'd just get another pair!

Love those pants too. Some styles have more stretch than others. I have the best luck trying on in store then ordering online (usually cheaper with coupon). I believe they have free shipping on returns.

newnana
07-01-2014, 03:17 PM
Please don't make fun, but I love, love, love the Worthington brand black pants at JCPenney. I used to love the Express Editor, but these have held up better for me. Wash/Dry/Wear and there is still that nice pressed look. Bonus for me they come in variable lengths! Nice flat front, good lines, good stretch without a bad gap. On sale right now for $24.99:

http://www.jcpenney.com/outfits-we-love/worthington-suit-jacket-or-trouser-pants-/prod.jump?ppId=ens6003970012&catId=cat100260321&deptId=dept20000013&&colorizedImg=DP0403201417180874M.tif

waitingforgrace
07-01-2014, 06:27 PM
I wear these flats to work a lot. They have a rubbery sole, definitely not slippery.

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/inc-international-concepts-womens-zabel-flats?ID=774085&CategoryID=13247#fn=sp%3D1%26spc%3D7%26kws%3Dinc%2 0black%20flats%26slotId%3D4