PDA

View Full Version : Any Tips on Universal Orlando?

ChefGirl
07-01-2014, 11:08 AM
Just watched the segment on the new Harry Potter Diagon Alley opening next week. We have never been to UO. We are thinking about going there this Thanksgiving for 5 nights and 6 days. If we try to hit both Harry Potter attractions, would we need 2 days? The kids also want to go Magic Kingdom again for the new Snow White and 7 dorfs ride....lol.... we hope to stay at WBC. Would that be a decent location for Universal? I'd love your suggestions and thoughts. Does UT have cheaper tix than the Universal Orlando site?

Thank you so much for your help.

Percycat
07-01-2014, 12:42 PM
We are planning to go in October, but haven't finalized anything yet. Kids come home from summer camp on Saturday and I hope we make our plans this weekend.

We are planning on staying at one of the Universal resorts because you get in the parks an hour ealier and I heard that is a good advantage for the harry potter attractions. If you stay at one of the deluxe resorts, you also get an unlimited express pass which allows for quicker admission on several rides and attractions.

The harry potter attractions are in two separate universal parks, so you will need admission to both parks. The Hogwarts Express runs between the parks. We will probably get a 3 day pass that includes park to park.

We will probably switch hotels at some point when we are no longer visiting Universal. We will probably also go to Lego Land and spend some time at a beach en route to orlando or home.

Report back as you learn trip info! I hope your family has a great time.

klwa
07-01-2014, 01:16 PM
We got 1-day tickets from UT for DH & DS to hit Universal before our trip in March. Slightly cheaper, but not much. I don't think (I could be wrong) that UT carries the 1 day MK tickets.

The last time I went to Universal was LONG before the advent of the HP sections, and we did both parks in one day. HOWEVER, with the HP stuff & the possible lines, especially at the newer section, I'd probably bet on 2 days. (DH & DS did IOA in less than a day, but that was because DS didn't enjoy himself like we thought he would.) I'd get park hoppers though, even if you're going to concentrate on one park a day, just so you can ride the Hogwarts express at least once. :)

ChefGirl
07-01-2014, 02:18 PM
We got 1-day tickets from UT for DH & DS to hit Universal before our trip in March. Slightly cheaper, but not much. I don't think (I could be wrong) that UT carries the 1 day MK tickets.

The last time I went to Universal was LONG before the advent of the HP sections, and we did both parks in one day. HOWEVER, with the HP stuff & the possible lines, especially at the newer section, I'd probably bet on 2 days. (DH & DS did IOA in less than a day, but that was because DS didn't enjoy himself like we thought he would.) I'd get park hoppers though, even if you're going to concentrate on one park a day, just so you can ride the Hogwarts express at least once. :)

Thank you ladies! I've done some preliminary research for ours in Thanksgiving. If we do a 3-day park to park with unlimited express access, that would cost us about $1530 for the five of us for 5 days. My WBC is about $650 for the five nights, then I'll pay for the valet parking at Universal for another $66 for the 3 days. That would bring me to a total of about $2,250. A similar package at Hard Rock with a Kids Suite will run about $3400, and then I have to pay for self parking at the hotel for another $100 for the five days.....Decisions decisions....