PDA

View Full Version : A Few Disneyland Questions

PZMommy
07-02-2014, 11:06 PM
We are going to DL next week. Can I bring some water bottles in?? What about small snack items like goldfish crackers or fruit pouches??

♥ms.pacman♥
07-02-2014, 11:40 PM
We are going to DL next week. Can I bring some water bottles in?? What about small snack items like goldfish crackers or fruit pouches??

should be fine. we brought those in no problem.

lalasmama
07-03-2014, 12:10 AM
Their official position is "no." In reality, yes, it's no problem to bring drinks and food in. The only things they prohibit in their processes are glass bottles, individual fixings (ie, a loaf of bread, mayo, meats, cheeses for a sandwich but not assembled into the sandwich yet), and alcohol. Otherwise, they just pass right over it at bag inspection.

Have a great time!

PZMommy
07-03-2014, 12:54 AM
Thanks! We are going for my son's 5th birthday, so he is all excited. He chooses to go to DL vs a party and presents. I just wish his birthday wasn't in summer with all of the crazy crowds. lol

ckso
07-03-2014, 01:09 AM

We would bring water, milk (the non-refrigerated boxed kind), sometimes PB&J, snacks, and drinks for us (ice tea, soda) with no problems. No glass containers though

twowhat?
07-03-2014, 08:44 PM
Yup, no problem at alll! We brought in water, dry snacks, and a very small cooler (the kind you use for breastmilk) packed with a few string cheeses or yogurt squeezes. We brought in a couple of bananas one day too.

Unless you're trying hard to watch your budget, don't go too crazy because there are lots of special DL treats worth trying:)

PZMommy
07-03-2014, 09:53 PM
Yup, no problem at alll! We brought in water, dry snacks, and a very small cooler (the kind you use for breastmilk) packed with a few string cheeses or yogurt squeezes. We brought in a couple of bananas one day too.

Unless you're trying hard to watch your budget, don't go too crazy because there are lots of special DL treats worth trying:)

We are on a budget, but not a tight one. I just want something in my bag for when we are midline and someone decides they are hungry. Plus my little one will not eat anything sweet. Popcorn is about the only DL treat he will eat. I don't want him eating too much of it so I want some crackers on hand for him. My older one will want to try every sweet and sugar treat in sight!! lol

TwinFoxes
07-04-2014, 08:19 AM
We are on a budget, but not a tight one. I just want something in my bag for when we are midline and someone decides they are hungry. Plus my little one will not eat anything sweet. Popcorn is about the only DL treat he will eat. I don't want him eating too much of it so I want some crackers on hand for him. My older one will want to try every sweet and sugar treat in sight!! lol

Fyi, they sell veggie sticks and dip, and whole fruit at stands around the park. Just in case you need a re-supply of non-sweet stuff. Also, the corn dogs at the cart on the end of Main St. USA are awesome. :)

Tondi G
07-04-2014, 06:11 PM
Yeah they have no problems with bottled water or juice boxes, snacks etc. I've brought clementines, pretzels, pirates booty, fruit leathers, granola bars etc. and no one has ever had a problem with them. My SIL has super picky kids and brought PB&J sandwiches for them and it was fine.

In addition to the fruit, vegis n dip, and chips that they sell at the carts.... last time I was there I saw pretzel thins and hummus like these http://sabra.com/products/Classic-Hummus-with-Pretzels

MMMommy
07-04-2014, 08:44 PM
We have always brought in our own bottled water and dry snacks (crackers, chips). Never had any issues.

PZMommy
07-04-2014, 09:06 PM
Thank you!!

twowhat?
07-04-2014, 09:36 PM
I've been pleasantly surprised by how good the food at DL is! It really seems like they put some effort into the offerings. Even the standard fare like hot dogs - they have "healthier" options like for the kids - turkey dogs with baby carrots and sliced apples.

OP, your own snacks are definitely lifesavers...we often broke them out when the kids started to get hungry and tired as DH and I scoped out what our meal options were, or while waiting in line, etc. And bring tons of bottled water if you're taking a stroller since it will be your sherpa, freeze some of them partway if you can. It's expensive to buy, and you'll need lots. We also kept a roll of paper towels in the stroller and a pack of wipes and a small first aid kit with bandaids/ointment...they came in handy lots of times:)

Have a fabulous time!!

PZMommy
07-04-2014, 11:51 PM
I've been pleasantly surprised by how good the food at DL is! It really seems like they put some effort into the offerings. Even the standard fare like hot dogs - they have "healthier" options like for the kids - turkey dogs with baby carrots and sliced apples.

OP, your own snacks are definitely lifesavers...we often broke them out when the kids started to get hungry and tired as DH and I scoped out what our meal options were, or while waiting in line, etc. And bring tons of bottled water if you're taking a stroller since it will be your sherpa, freeze some of them partway if you can. It's expensive to buy, and you'll need lots. We also kept a roll of paper towels in the stroller and a pack of wipes and a small first aid kit with bandaids/ointment...they came in handy lots of times:)

Have a fabulous time!!

A roll of towels is a great idea! I always carry a first aid kit in my diaper bag and stocked up on wipes. Thanks!

azzeps
07-05-2014, 01:35 AM
Here are a couple of tips, learn from my mistakes.

If you take instant oatmeal cups intending to use the coffee maker for hot water, don't forget the spoons!!!

And if you take moleskin for your blistered feet, don't forget the scissors for cutting it!!!

:)

Mirthful
07-06-2014, 02:23 AM
We've taken all of those without anyone batting an eye.

If you don't mind water that's dispensed rather than bottled, something to keep in mind is that all food places offer complimentary cups of ice water. If you go to a place where you get your own drinks, you can fill up tall cups (about 20oz?) of ice and water. If you get food at one of the places where someone else collects everything on a tray before giving you the tray, they give you short cups (maybe 10oz?) of ice water. But you can always go back and ask for more!

PZMommy
07-09-2014, 04:27 PM
We had a fun and successful trip! We walked on most rides that we wanted to do. Disneyland was fairly empty until mid afternoon, and CA was even less crowded. We only had to wait for the Toy Story Mania ride. I was quite surprised. I'm hopeful that next time we go we can do the Cars Racing Ride, but my boys were super content just to talk with Lightning, but that is probably because they don't know the other ride exists! lol

lalasmama
07-09-2014, 08:06 PM
Glad you had a great time!

pharmjenn
07-10-2014, 06:34 AM
We had a fun and successful trip! We walked on most rides that we wanted to do. Disneyland was fairly empty until mid afternoon, and CA was even less crowded. We only had to wait for the Toy Story Mania ride. I was quite surprised. I'm hopeful that next time we go we can do the Cars Racing Ride, but my boys were super content just to talk with Lightning, but that is probably because they don't know the other ride exists! lol

I think we were there the same time as you (July 3-6) and we had the same experience. The crowd estimator had the parks at 8+ crowds and I never felt that. All the rides at CA were almost walk on, except Radiator Springs Racers and the Grizzly River Run on July 4th! We were able to do almost every ride we wanted, and most multiple times. We did skip all the rides in Fantasyland, but saw the Princesses in the Royal Hall and around Fantasy Faire. Did not even attempt A&E though! Told DS6 it would take most of the day to see them, and he was content seeing them from afar at the pre-parade float, although they didn't wave at him, so he was sad about that.