PDA

View Full Version : Ideas - DD is turning 2

lmh2402
07-07-2014, 08:32 PM
i can't believe she's going to be two next week! time flies

anyway, i need some ideas - she's so different than DS...she actually PLAYS with things.

in our never ending quest to help him learn to play, we already have a lot. but i obviously still want to get her some stuff just for her. plus i've got family members on both sides asking for ideas

she does not need anymore clothing. truly.

we get magazine subscriptions already. and she's already taking classes

for toys, we've got a kitchen that's pretty fully stocked. we've got a broom and dust pan that she loves. she's got two doll strollers and two babies, but doesn't seem to really be into them, unfortunately.

she likes blocks - we've got a set of unit blocks and alphabet blocks. i was thinking to get her some bristle blocks.

what age do kids start getting interested in dress up? she loves putting on all her jewelry, but that's the extent of her dress up at this point

i really don't know what else to come up with.

help!

thx

123LuckyMom
07-07-2014, 08:37 PM
My two year old loves dress-up. She loves pots, pans and food, packing and unpacking, and building materials that fit together (like pegs that fit into one another. She's not crazy about bristle blocks or duplo, though.) mine has a lot of her brother's toys, too, like train sets and race cars on a track. She LOVES them.

mikala
07-07-2014, 08:50 PM
I have a similar dilemma because I feel like we're already overloaded with toys.

Ds2 is similar age and loves to play pretend dress-up. We have a few pretend hats, animal masks, superhero cape, firefighter, policeman, etc. We're also having a lot of fun with puppets. He loves older brother's magnatiles and we may get a second set so they can both build more. Beyond that maybe suggest consumables like art supplies. Dot markers and color wonder stuff are great for this age too.

acmom
07-07-2014, 09:11 PM
My DD loved her little people sets at that age. They were played with daily and I liked that her play with they grew as she did- her "set ups" for the little people got more involved and creative as she got older. And she could play with them with or without me.

KpbS
07-08-2014, 08:50 AM
I agree with PP suggestions, dress up, Little People sets, any kitchen items you may be missing--Green ToysTtea set? Also DD LOVES her Corolle that can go into the bath, http://www.amazon.com/Corolle-Premier-Bebe-Bath-Girl/dp/B00AGI2U3G/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1404823695&sr=8-2&keywords=Corolle+bath+doll. Also Duplo http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-DUPLO-Creative-Cakes-6785/dp/B005VPRD2M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1404823837&sr=8-1&keywords=Duplo+cupcake+set.

SnuggleBuggles
07-08-2014, 08:56 AM
Magnatiles or Megabloks.
Little People

KDsMommy
07-08-2014, 10:41 AM
All 3 of my boys love the Melissa & Doug cardboard bricks: http://www.amazon.com/Melissa-Doug-Deluxe-Cardboard-Blocks/dp/B000A12YBW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1404830374&sr=8-1&keywords=melissa+and+doug+bricks

Our littlest guy is almost 2 and LOVES those bricks. He also really likes his Little People farm.

mikeys_mom
07-08-2014, 10:48 AM
Little people sets or a dollhouse.
DD1 got the Fisher Price "My First Dollhouse" with all the accessories at that age. Even though we now have the Loving Family dollhouse as well, my 3 girls still use the smaller one as a secondary house all the time. They also still love the Little People schoolbus and airplane.

westwoodmom04
07-08-2014, 10:53 AM
Little people sets or a dollhouse.
DD1 got the Fisher Price "My First Dollhouse" with all the accessories at that age. Even though we now have the Loving Family dollhouse as well, my 3 girls still use the smaller one as a secondary house all the time. They also still love the Little People schoolbus and airplane.

My dd was never a baby doll girl either. She did like little people a ton though and the fp first dollhouse. She also liked building activity sets, megabloks use to have dora and diego building sets she really liked (Dora's house, Diego ocean learning center, etc. . .), I'm sure they now have versions for whatever the current "hot" tv characters for the preschool set.

Tenasparkl
07-08-2014, 01:22 PM
What about one of the fold and go Melissa & Doug sets like the barn, stable, castle or house? My kids love the castle and house.

Blue Hydrangea
07-08-2014, 03:09 PM
Mr Potato Head is a hit with my 2 year-old, but her favorite birthday gift is dress-up Minnie Mouse http://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-Disneys-Minnie-Birthday-Bowtique/dp/B0093N52IK/ref=sr_1_1?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1404846362&sr=1-1&keywords=dress+up+minnie+mouse

She loves snapping the dresses on off and especially loves matching the bow, dress, and shoe colors. She still needs a little help with the shoes, but it keeps her entertained throughout an hour of church, which is worth it to me. :) I even bought her a Daisy that coordinates (the dresses, bows and shoes fit both). She loves them.

ExcitedMamma
07-08-2014, 03:43 PM
That reminds me DD loves the Snap Dolls, very similar to the Minnie Mouse above but they have baby and girl versions. Her favorite are the babies and they come with fun accessories like high chair, crib or bath. The prices seem to vary so check out Fisher Price too.

http://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-Snap-Style-Baby-Nikki/dp/B0042PBGPM/ref=pd_bxgy_t_text_z

OP please share what is a hit or miss with your DD after she opens her presents. I need ideas!