PDA

View Full Version : Do you keep empty plastic baskets/containers for future organizing

niccig
07-08-2014, 07:19 PM
Still on my mission to clean out the garage. I have a lot of plastic baskets, containers that I've used at various times for organizing things, then into the garage when not in use. I'm wondering about how much to keep and how to keep it. I am using things from the pile as I clean out the garage and organize the house better, so maybe I should keep them and with time the pile will decrease in size? It's an odd assortment of container store/Target/99c store items.

KrisM
07-08-2014, 08:21 PM
I keep some. I keep those that I have others of so they are uniform in size. I have a few empty Container Store multi-purpose bins and I'm keeping those. If it's a random thing that I only have 1 of or was $.99 only, I'd probably keep while I'm organizing a room or two and then discard.

mikala
07-08-2014, 08:37 PM
I keep them as long as they are in good condition and don't take up much space nested in each other. I don't like spending extra money on bins and it's nice to have a couple sizes around when I'm organizing a space. Within the poo at year or so I've used bins a lot more to subdivide larger spaces and I'm glad I've kept a stash.

jgenie
07-08-2014, 10:30 PM
I keep them. When we moved I found there were quite a few bins that didn't fit in my cabinets here. I have all the extras stacked together and I just pull from there as I organize the house.