PDA

View Full Version : Old Boys Club: You're officially on notice

truly scrumptious
07-09-2014, 07:25 PM
Thanks, Senior Executives, for pulling me into your ridiculous power struggle. If you're threatened by my good work, that's your problem not mine. Now stop trying to make me feel guilty for taking credit for work I DID, because it offends your notions of what a junior-to-you female employee should do. I'm not asking for a raise, I'm not asking for praise, I'm not even asking for acknowledgment of what I've done. I talked about what my department under my leadership has accomplished BECAUSE YOU ASKED ME TO. I didn't say anything about what you do or don't do, I didn't cast aspersions on anyone, I simply FACTUALLY stated, backed up with numbers, what my team and I have done TOGETHER. I am proud of the work we've done, and I refuse to apologize for that.

Now don't get all hissy because I was honest and you think I'm getting too full of myself. Maybe if you're so threatened by my accomplishments (which by the way make you look good too) you need to step up your own game.

You do not have my permission to push me down in order to make yourselves feel bigger. I am WOMAN. Deal with it.

123LuckyMom
07-09-2014, 08:34 PM
Amen to that!

BDKmom
07-09-2014, 08:44 PM
Boom! Love it!

elliput
07-09-2014, 08:59 PM
:bighand: Don't let the bustards get you down! (not referring actual bustards which are birds, mind you)

♥ms.pacman♥
07-09-2014, 09:02 PM
three words:
YOU GO GIRL. :cheerleader1:

ahisma
07-09-2014, 11:25 PM
Sing it!

I get work emails addressed to "Gentlemen and [my first name]". That said, I accuse them of being an old boys' club constantly. They are! You go - your'e rocking it!

Fairy
07-10-2014, 12:44 AM
You work at Tinder, too? ;-)

hillview
07-10-2014, 08:30 AM
Seriously YEAH THAT

Ms B
07-10-2014, 10:11 AM
Sing it sister!!!!

And might I add -- oh, boys -- if you refer to me as "young lady" in court or in a meeting, then you do not get to be surprised or "offended" when I refer to you as "old man". Neither my age nor my gender have anything to do with the fact that I am kicking your heinie, so stop with the condescension unless you want me to point out your own issues.

boolady
07-10-2014, 10:20 AM
Sing it sister!!!!

And might I add -- oh, boys -- if you refer to me as "young lady" in court or in a meeting, then you do not get to be surprised or "offended" when I refer to you as "old man". Neither my age nor my gender have anything to do with the fact that I am kicking your heinie, so stop with the condescension unless you want me to point out your own issues.

Yes, I guess you'd like it as much as I did when an older male attorney came up to me in court a few years ago and said, "Are you the girl with the files for the so-and-so office?" If by "the girl with the files," you mean your adversary, then yes. Good grief.

hbridge
07-10-2014, 11:09 AM
May I add... "DO NOT SHHSH ME IN A MEETING! If I have something of value to add I will add to the discussion! That is what they pay me for!!!!!" My boss got an earful after that happened, no co-worker should ever tell another to SHHSH!