PDA

View Full Version : why are my kids always sick on their birthdays?!

lmh2402
07-14-2014, 01:59 PM
i just can't believe our luck

DS woke up on the morning of his first birthday party with a 104 fever - first time ever that high

that started the ball rolling - every single freakin birthday, he's been sick. like out of school, home with a fever sick

DD was similarly sick for her first birthday party last year, though not as sick as DS was

now, two days before her second birthday, she woke up with 103 and a horrible, horrible croup cough.

croup in the middle of july. really?!

we don't do kid parties for 2 so i'm not worried about that, but i did have a fun afternoon planned after DS got out of camp.

and there is likely no way we will be doing any crazy outdoor activities

just sucks. blah.

♥ms.pacman♥
07-14-2014, 02:28 PM
i am so sorry!! BTDT... for some reason, birthdays are cursed around here too, and not just the kids' birthdays. Either the birthday kid gets sick the day before or there's a family emergency of some sort. DS' bday is in January so the odds aren't great to begin with..and even if he is not sick (like this year) someone else is. This year, DH's grandma was in the hospital for DS's bday so we had to postpone things...then for birthday (May) we were all in a car accident, and for DH's birthday (4th of July) DD was puking for a solid week. DD was also majorly sick for DH's birthday last year too. It really stinks and does put a downer on things, doesn't it?? I think the worst part is once it happens once, you are sort of worried it will happen again in future years, and don't want to jinx anything with planning, getting excited etc....but when it DOES happen again you are just like OMG, you have got to be kidding me!!

Anyway, hope your DD is better soon and she gets well enough by the weekend to do some fun stuff!!

KpbS
07-14-2014, 10:37 PM
Totally stinks! I hope you can schedule a do-over. :hug:

almostamom
07-15-2014, 12:12 AM
Awww, so sorry about your sick girl. I have to say though that I can't believe she's 2 already!!