PDA

View Full Version : ISO boots for skinny jeans

jgenie
07-14-2014, 04:27 PM
I'm ISO boots to wear with skinny jeans. Would either of these boots work?

Frye Jane boots

http://www.amazon.com/FRYE-Womens-Brown-Vintage-Leather/dp/B00260H9LK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1405369518&sr=8-1&keywords=Frye+jane+boots

Frye Campus boots

http://www.amazon.com/FRYE-Womens-Campus-Boot-Chestnut/dp/B001VNBBU8/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1405369573&sr=8-3&keywords=Frye+campus+boots

cookiemonster80
07-14-2014, 05:38 PM
OMG!!! Amazon has lots of styles for under $150! Awesome that you linked- I got the Janes in Black I've been wanting for $113- unheard of. Thanks!!!!
and yes- the Janes work perfectly with jeans, I have them in another color. I have smallish calves though- the Janes swim on me if I don't wear jeans...

SnuggleBuggles
07-14-2014, 05:56 PM
I bought the Janes after I saw this post. I think they work better than the Campus.

niccig
07-14-2014, 06:05 PM
I bought the Janes after I saw this post. I think they work better than the Campus.

I so want these boots...but I think I will have to size up on reading the reviews and that size is $350..so no deal for me today.

cookiemonster80
07-14-2014, 06:08 PM
I so want these boots...but I think I will have to size up on reading the reviews and that size is $350..so no deal for me today.

I have janes and they are true to size- I'd order your real size if they are prime with free returns to be sure- I actually think they run a but big and I could even go a half size smaller. Nothing to lose

cookiemonster80
07-14-2014, 06:09 PM
Oh, and search for fryes in the regular amazon frye store- the black janes I found were listed separately than the link in the OP.

niccig
07-14-2014, 06:26 PM
I have janes and they are true to size- I'd order your real size if they are prime with free returns to be sure- I actually think they run a but big and I could even go a half size smaller. Nothing to lose

I'm between sizes and a wide foot, so I have to try both sizes to know. The smaller size is $150, which I know is an absolute steal, but we just talked about budgeting..can't justify boots right now...but I soooooo want them.

jgenie
07-14-2014, 10:16 PM
Any tips on sizing for the Janes? I'm a 6.5 in most shoes. Do you buy to fit tights or thin socks? TIA

cookiemonster80
07-15-2014, 09:36 AM
Any tips on sizing for the Janes? I'm a 6.5 in most shoes. Do you buy to fit tights or thin socks? TIA

My janes are a bit big- I'm in between a 8 and 8.5- typically lean more 8.5 and I take an 8 in the janes- the shaft isn't small though- I have 14.5 inch calves and there is a gap at the top if I don't wear jeans with them. But it doesn't bother me even when I don't and I like not having to cram/stuff my jeans in.

brittone2
07-15-2014, 11:36 AM
I think you also have to look at the size of the boot shaft and your calves. Some styles are better suited to smaller calves vs. larger calves. With small calves you might look like you are standing in a bucket, and with larger calves you might struggle to get them on or off with jeans. I have smallish calves and have the Lindsay Plate. I also have two other prs of fryes (one mid calf and one knee height, both vintage). The vintage knee height ones work over tights but are too tight with skinnies, even though I have pretty small calves.