PDA

View Full Version : Boy shorts

crayonblue
07-20-2014, 09:02 PM
I am just DONE with bikinis and the wedgies and lack of *ahem* support back there. Any boy short recommendations? I bought a pair of spandex Champion ones that are the perfect weight/fit except they creep up the legs during the day and are suddenly undies all scrunched up!

jgenie
07-20-2014, 10:07 PM
I like my Athleta boy shorts. I buy in winter when they go on super sale.

gymnbomb
07-20-2014, 11:52 PM
I also get really leg creep with boy shorts. Hipsters work much better for me.

ArizonaGirl
07-21-2014, 12:13 AM
At the risk of some very TMI :loveeyes:

This is why I where thongs because everything else gave me such a bad wedgie that I figured, 1inch of cloth up my butt or a whole seat full.

wendibird22
07-21-2014, 09:19 AM
Soma vanishing edge hipsters. I'm in love with these and have never loved my underwear before. I wear them daily. No VPL and no creep.

schrocat
07-21-2014, 11:11 AM
These yoga shorts from Target work great under clothes. http://www.target.com/p/junior-s-yoga-short/-/A-15129247#prodSlot=medium_1_5&term=yoga+shorts

crayonblue
07-21-2014, 12:28 PM
Soma vanishing edge hipsters. I'm in love with these and have never loved my underwear before. I wear them daily. No VPL and no creep.

I think I have some of those in my drawer! I have an everyday socks and undies drawer and a special occasion drawer. I must have stuck the Soma's in the special drawer. I'll give them a try today!

crayonblue
07-21-2014, 12:28 PM
These yoga shorts from Target work great under clothes. http://www.target.com/p/junior-s-yoga-short/-/A-15129247#prodSlot=medium_1_5&term=yoga+shorts

I love that idea. But in something other than cotton/knit. I get too hot. But I like these!

crayonblue
07-21-2014, 12:31 PM
At the risk of some very TMI :loveeyes:

This is why I where thongs because everything else gave me such a bad wedgie that I figured, 1inch of cloth up my butt or a whole seat full.

I just can't! Thongs must be great as soooo many ladies wear them. But I just can't! I need coverage back there! I would seriously wear spanx 365 days per year, ha!

wendibird22
07-21-2014, 01:27 PM
I think I have some of those in my drawer! I have an everyday socks and undies drawer and a special occasion drawer. I must have stuck the Soma's in the special drawer. I'll give them a try today!

I can see why you'd put them there. They are really that good and nice and I seriously can't live without them. I do line dry just because I don't want the silicone edge to wear out too quickly. I think I have 10 pair so I'm never without them.

mikala
07-21-2014, 01:32 PM
I was just going to suggest these too. I bought a pair during the last Soma sale based on your suggestion and they are tied with the embraceable lace as my favorites. I'm watching for another sale to pick up more. I was surprised by how much I like them because I've been disappointed by other brands with a skinny silicone edge that just seems to cut in and move around.

jgenie
07-21-2014, 01:39 PM
I like my Athleta boy shorts. I buy in winter when they go on super sale.

Oops - thought you were looking for a swimsuit. I like the Soma boy shorts. They're expensive but they seem to go on sale pretty often.

crayonblue
07-21-2014, 02:49 PM
Oops - thought you were looking for a swimsuit. I like the Soma boy shorts. They're expensive but they seem to go on sale pretty often.

Ha! You had me poking around on the athleta site for boy shorts which I could not find! :)

octmom
07-21-2014, 08:25 PM
I have one pair of these and want more. They have a silicone edge, I guess like Soma. http://www.amazon.com/Naomi-Nicole-Wonderful-Edge-Boyshorts/dp/B002RSBK0C/ref=sr_1_10?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1405988614&sr=1-10

crayonblue
07-22-2014, 01:20 AM
I have one pair of these and want more. They have a silicone edge, I guess like Soma. http://www.amazon.com/Naomi-Nicole-Wonderful-Edge-Boyshorts/dp/B002RSBK0C/ref=sr_1_10?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1405988614&sr=1-10

Do these ride up or stay put?

octmom
07-22-2014, 09:58 AM
They don't budge and they are very thin. They aren't shapewear (no extra holding in jiggly bits), but they are great for a smooth line under clothes. I bought them at Belk, which I think is just a regional department store in the mid-Atlantic and southeast, but I found them on Amazon and when I searched for the brand name, it looked like Kohl's may carry them too.

pastrygirl
07-22-2014, 12:44 PM
I can say Shimera ride up like crazy on me, but CK seamless boy shorts don't ride up as much. Those tend to roll down at the waistband, though. I'm giving up on boy shorts!

I bought several pairs and several brands a few weeks ago. So far, my faves are Jockey no VPL promise high-cuts. Then I realized my old tried and true Fruit of the Loom cotton blend bikinis are the best and have the least VPL.

cagey
07-22-2014, 01:06 PM
I won't wear a dress/skirt without Nike Fit 5" compression shorts. They do NOT ride up, don't fold over, and compress nicely without being sausaged in. They're not cheap (about $25) but I'll stock up when there's an end-of-season sale at Dicks. Only bad think is that there's no neutural colors, so be mindful when wearing white or sheer clothing.