PDA

View Full Version : Wilderness Lodge with a 2 year old?

cookiemonster80
07-21-2014, 10:33 AM
We are trying to book at BLT for December, but if that doesn't work out I think Wilderness Lodge is my next choice. We want BLT for the quick walk to Magic Kingdom- or if DD2 is screaming in the stroller DH can run back with her and be there in 5 min- ideal obviously.

In the event we can't get a BLT condo- how is the boat from Wilderness Lodge to Magic Kingdom? How long do you have to wait? How long is the ride? What about if it's raining? we are going at mid crowd times- but probably won't be in transit from condo to park during peak times- we won't stay till closing, etc.

What about transportation from WL to the transportation center or other parks? I'm nervous about the unknown.

egoldber
07-21-2014, 10:41 AM
Just FYI, BLT is a good 15 minute walk from the front entrance of the MK. It would be faster if you could walk directly, but it's a very indirect route. And then you have to add in time from wherever you are in the MK to get to the front.

For a kid who you are worried about screaming and being disruptive, I'm not sure that I would recommend a resort that relies on boat transport. And in the middle of the day, the boats do not run as frequently.

cookiemonster80
07-21-2014, 11:03 AM
Just FYI, BLT is a good 15 minute walk from the front entrance of the MK. It would be faster if you could walk directly, but it's a very indirect route. And then you have to add in time from wherever you are in the MK to get to the front.

For a kid who you are worried about screaming and being disruptive, I'm not sure that I would recommend a resort that relies on boat transport. And in the middle of the day, the boats do not run as frequently.

Right- We've stayed at BLT before- DH is fast :jammin: and made it in 5 min then (although it wasn't when the sidewalk had many other people on it)

thanks for your thoughts on the boat- I need to think about that.

Cam&Clay
07-21-2014, 11:13 AM
We love the Wilderness Lodge. It's our favorite place to stay down there. One of the main reasons we love it is because of the boat! It is so easy and we have never had to wait long either way. I highly recommend it for families that will be spending most of their time at MK.