PDA

View Full Version : Any ideas where to buy cheap camping sleeping bags right now (in store)?

ang79
07-21-2014, 02:02 PM
So, my kids want to try tenting in our backyard (first time). I told them we can try this weekend as long as its not rainy. Then I realized that only DH and I have sleeping bags, so maybe I should get some for the girls. Any idea where I could pick some up in a store for a good deal right now? I saw in a camping thread in the Lounge that Sam's Club had some on clearance, but my store is all sold out. The girls are 5 and almost 8, but I think I'd want to get full size sleeping bags so that we don't have to buy new ones as they get bigger. It doesn't need to be super heavy duty (ours our rated for really cold temps, but they were gifts from my camping enthusiast step-dad, we won't camp when its too cold!), but enough padding and warmth for a typical summer night.

nfowife
07-21-2014, 02:57 PM
I picked up a nice warm-weather (50+) rating 2 weeks ago at walmart for $20. It fits compactly into a nice little sack too. Walmart had a really big range of prices and temp ratings. Mine is by Coleman.

gymnbomb
07-21-2014, 03:20 PM
I think the 30+ Coleman I had was from Walmart too. It was just fine for any weather I was willing to sleep in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ahisma
07-21-2014, 04:54 PM
Our boys just use the $20 Coleman kids sleeping bags from Target. No complaints and they pack up very well.

MMMommy
07-21-2014, 05:31 PM
I've seen them at Costco for $40 still.

wellyes
07-21-2014, 05:34 PM
Target had several warm weather ones for $20ish.

ang79
07-21-2014, 05:54 PM
Thanks for the Target rec., I never really thought about checking there for camping stuff! I despise our Walmart, so I'd much rather go to Target and have to go pick up prescriptions later this week there anyways.