PDA

View Full Version : If not Cinderella's Royal Table; what?

belovedgandp
07-22-2014, 03:25 PM
We are planning a trip for February 2015. Our third visit but our first time with a 4 1/2 and 5 1/2 YO girls who want to see princesses. I'm getting into the nitty gritty of planning this trip and the Royal Table at Magic Kingdom is closed for refurbishment. I'm assuming this will mean a run on all other things princess even though we are going at a low attendance time.

So what's your best princess advice? We will be doing the dining plan.

SnuggleBuggles
07-22-2014, 04:18 PM
Isn't this the one in Epcot's Norway that people recommend? Akershus.https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/epcot/akershus-royal-banquet-hall/

klwa
07-23-2014, 08:40 AM
I like the meal PP listed at Akershus in Norway at Epcot. DH isn't as fond of it, but we've only been for supper. If you or your spouse/other adult are picky, you may be better served eating at breakfast. (The kids meals aren't "odd" foods.) Family members who have been to 1900 Park Fair for supper have loved the interaction with Cinderella & her family.

Other than that, try to get a fast pass to meet the princesses at MK. Anna & Elsa can be especially difficult to get into without FP+. FPs for A&E go quickly, as in within minutes of midnight on the night they're available, so keep that in mind. If you're able to get it, see about the FP for Be Our Guest for lunch, so the girls can eat in Belle's castle. (That Fastpass doesn't go online the same as regular FP or at the same time.)

KrisM
07-23-2014, 08:51 AM
We did Akershus and liked it. We also met other princesses with FP. There wasn't yet one for Anna and Elsa, so we just looked through a door at them, as the wait was hours long.

egoldber
07-23-2014, 09:23 AM
I like the Epcot meal better honestly.

I have to think that they will have an alternate location for the Cinderella meal. It won't be the castle of course.....

Also you can see Cinderella at dinner at 1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian. That's another fun meal IMO.

missym
07-23-2014, 10:43 AM
We did lunch at Akershus in October. The food was good (not stellar, but good), and the princess interaction was great! It was our only character meal, so I don't have a reference point, but the girls enjoyed meeting all of the princesses and they spent longer at our table than I expected.

belovedgandp
07-23-2014, 01:18 PM
Thanks. I'd forgotten how much thought has to go into picking meals. We're going for a longer stay and have more flexibility which is a burden right now when I have a little over a week to figure out our meals.

Annyeb
07-23-2014, 04:45 PM
I really wanted to eat at Akerhaus for the Norwegian food but the princesses are a bonus. However since we just made our reservations a little over a week ago for the first week of November, we are limited on what restaurants have openings especially for a party of 7. Do reservations open up due to people dropping them closer to the trip start? Most of our other options I've reserved are satisfactory, but I keep trying for this one and nothing.

Sorry to hijack, but was curious.

acmom
07-23-2014, 09:03 PM
We have done both 1900 Park Fare and Akerhaus and had great character interactions at both as well as decent food at both. I will definitely keep checking as things do pop up. I would just make other backup plans for that meal that you can then cancel if you can get Akerhaus.

KrisM
07-23-2014, 09:32 PM
Also check for parties of 8. I've read that even numbers sometimes show up more often than odd.

klwa
07-24-2014, 01:54 PM
Also check for parties of 8. I've read that even numbers sometimes show up more often than odd.
:yeahthat: Or you can call & see if they have two tables of 4 available.