PDA

View Full Version : CRAP! What to do now?

barkley1
07-25-2014, 10:40 AM
We are going to Disney in October, and I reserved a BJCMD a few days ago through www.abbf.com - a Baby's Best Friend. Today, they sent me an email saying they were completely booked and my order has been cancelled. ACK!!! I've been told to not get one through Disney b/c of all the waiting in lines, etc. What the heck do I do now?! Is there another good rental place that will deliver to Disney hotels? We will not have a car. DC will be 3 and 5, definitely need one. To beat all, I JUST sold my BJCMD b/c I would rather just rent one than drag ours through airports, etc, and we never used it. Great.

Please give me any and all suggestions!! TIA!

TwinFoxes
07-25-2014, 10:49 AM
This should help:

http://blog.touringplans.com/2012/03/26/stroller-rental-companies-near-walt-disney-world/

KHF
07-25-2014, 11:24 AM
I've rented from both Apple Strollers and Magic Strollers. The stroller from Magic Strollers was in better condition, but we had a great deal from Apple and they were responsive about our issues.

brittone2
07-25-2014, 02:30 PM
We did Apple this past Feb. One stroller's handgrips were pretty beat up, but really it was a non issue. We rented two singles for under $100 for the week, and I was fine with what they gave us. I know some people have run into the occasional issue with Apple, but the deal was nice and we were pleased overall with what we received. I ended up buying a console thingie on amazon that was compatible with the BJCM for like $6 and offered it to someone in our hotel at the end of our trip. I believe it was less $ than renting.

DualvansMommy
07-25-2014, 03:06 PM
We used magic stroller this past may for our trip! We rented a double and they were great!

carolyn_oh
07-28-2014, 02:44 PM
We used Kingdom Strollers for our November 2013 trip. No issues with the stroller or delivery, and they are an authorized rental company, so we were able to pick up and drop off the stroller with bell services.

Cam&Clay
07-28-2014, 02:49 PM
Magic Strollers was awesome!

scrooks
07-28-2014, 03:48 PM
We rented a city mini double from Magic Stollers in Nov 2012. It was in good condition and had no problems whatsoever.

123LuckyMom
07-28-2014, 04:13 PM
We've rented from Apple, too, and had no problems. Their rates are very low. The stroller was not in mint condition, but that was fine with me. It was scrupulously clean, which is what I care about.

erosenst
07-28-2014, 04:43 PM
In case there's comfort in numbers - we rented 3 times from Magic Strollers, and had a great experience each time. Make sure to request the rain cover and parent tray. (Think you had to request both. Can't remember if there was an additional fee - but if so it was nominal.)

barkley1
07-29-2014, 07:55 AM
Thank you all! I found one with Kingdom strollers, but it is 100% refundable....I will probably see if Magic has any left and switch to them.

WatchingThemGrow
07-29-2014, 08:14 AM
can you get an elite double from them still? I loved it more than the mini double.

barkley1
07-30-2014, 12:55 PM
can you get an elite double from them still? I loved it more than the mini double.

I'm not sure....I'm not up to speed on strollers. So an elite is better?