PDA

View Full Version : MZ Wallace "Friday" sale -- still on sale

lmintzer
07-25-2014, 08:51 PM
ETA: Looks like the 3 or 4 items in the emerald color are still 50% off today (Saturday). Maybe they are going to keep them half-price until they sell out!

For you MZ Wallace devotees--or those curious about a high(er) end bags out of NYC.

Emerald Bedord nylon bags half off today only.

http://www.mzwallace.com/shop/summer-fridays

This seems like quite a good deal for this brand (if you like green--it's rather bright but a pretty pop of color).

Belle looks like it would work really well as a diaper bag. I love the backpack (Marlena).

urbanmommy
07-25-2014, 10:03 PM
Thanks! Had been eyeing the Marlena and it was marked down from where it was earlier in the week. Just pulled the trigger. Thinking that the green could be a fun neutral, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lmintzer
07-25-2014, 10:08 PM
Thanks! Had been eyeing the Marlena and it was marked down from where it was earlier in the week. Just pulled the trigger. Thinking that the green could be a fun neutral, right?

I also pulled the trigger on the Marlena. I am guessing this is as low as they go. I think the green will go with a lot! I hope so. I wear a lot of blue--blue and green mix well (at least in theory). : ) I really like the fern green color (saw it at Nordstrom), but there was no way I was paying twice was much for it! Hope you enjoy your Marlena.

urbanmommy
07-25-2014, 10:41 PM
I wear a lot of blues and teals so I was thinking that it will work with that. I'm thinking it will look good with black, beige or white as well. Hope you like yours too!

Momit
07-25-2014, 11:17 PM
I also pulled the trigger on the Marlena. I am guessing this is as low as they go. I think the green will go with a lot! I hope so. I wear a lot of blue--blue and green mix well (at least in theory). : ) I really like the fern green color (saw it at Nordstrom), but there was no way I was paying twice was much for it! Hope you enjoy your Marlena.

Yay! You got your backpack. I hope you love it.

lmintzer
07-26-2014, 06:27 PM
Momit: Thanks! I hope so too! Thank you for telling me about this brand.

Urbanmommy: Sounds like we wear a lot of the same colors. Hope this works out well for both of us!

urbanmommy
07-29-2014, 01:19 PM
Lmintzer did you get your backpack yet? Curious to get your take. I just got mine and I'm still warming up to it. I hope it grows on me because it's final sale. The issue I'm having is that I'm very petite and it looks much bigger on my 5' frame than it does on the model on the website who's probably 5'9" or taller. I feel like it makes me look like a kid wearing a backpack (a $200 backpack 😟). I think it's really attractive. Just not sure if it's right for me. Also, the color is a darker green than I was expecting. I think that's good because it isn't just a spring/summer green. Would definitely wear it in fall/winter.

lmintzer
07-29-2014, 04:58 PM
Lmintzer did you get your backpack yet? Curious to get your take. I just got mine and I'm still warming up to it. I hope it grows on me because it's final sale. The issue I'm having is that I'm very petite and it looks much bigger on my 5' frame than it does on the model on the website who's probably 5'9" or taller. I feel like it makes me look like a kid wearing a backpack (a $200 backpack ). I think it's really attractive. Just not sure if it's right for me. Also, the color is a darker green than I was expecting. I think that's good because it isn't just a spring/summer green. Would definitely wear it in fall/winter.

Hi Urbanmommy. My backpack just arrived. I took it out of the box but haven't even fully unwrapped it yet. I am also on the petite side (5'2"). I don't find it to be too big--any smaller and it wouldn't really be that useful, IMHO. I hope to use it for day trips places where I don't want to carry a heavy shoulder bag. I have older kids but still need to carry things like Epi Pens, sunscreens, sometimes some snacks. I think I should be able to fit my DSLR camera too. I like to have a bag I can throw a sun hat in. For me, bigger is better. : )

The color was the only thing that I had any doubt about. I would have prefered a true neutral, but the green is pretty and is really all-season. For half the retail value, I am not complaining (although if I had my pick of colors, I'd pick black, grey, blue, or a gorgeous color called "peacock" that it came in a few seasons ago). I think it's such a nicely made bag--looks so well put together and chic.

I hope you wind up liking yours. : )

urbanmommy
07-30-2014, 12:56 PM
Hi Urbanmommy. My backpack just arrived. I took it out of the box but haven't even fully unwrapped it yet. I am also on the petite side (5'2"). I don't find it to be too big--any smaller and it wouldn't really be that useful, IMHO. I hope to use it for day trips places where I don't want to carry a heavy shoulder bag. I have older kids but still need to carry things like Epi Pens, sunscreens, sometimes some snacks. I think I should be able to fit my DSLR camera too. I like to have a bag I can throw a sun hat in. For me, bigger is better. : )

The color was the only thing that I had any doubt about. I would have prefered a true neutral, but the green is pretty and is really all-season. For half the retail value, I am not complaining (although if I had my pick of colors, I'd pick black, grey, blue, or a gorgeous color called "peacock" that it came in a few seasons ago). I think it's such a nicely made bag--looks so well put together and chic.

I hope you wind up liking yours. : )

Lmintzer it's definitely grown on me. I agree with you about the color (black would have been my first choice) but as you said, for 1/2 the price this is very pretty and goes with a lot. I've tried it on with a few different outfits and am liking the look of it. I plan to use this as my primary purse, as I move away from a diaper bag, and I think this will work well for that. I have plenty of room to stash some changes of clothes for my dd2 who is PT, my wallet, makeup and a couple snacks.

I've had several black microfiber bags, but never a colored one. Has anyone here tried scotch-guarding their mz Wallace? I have a hand-me-down brown mz Wallace that my aunt gave me that has a few stains on it that I've been unable to remove. I'd like to avoid that with this one. Thoughts?