PDA

View Full Version : Tall boots?

calebsmama03
07-27-2014, 07:40 PM
I know the obvious answer is Frye, but even with the NAS price (which is prob s/o in my size anyway) I absolutely cannot bring myself to spend $250+ on a pair of shoes right now, no matter how great they are. Given that fact, anyone have suggestions for a more affordable but still decent quality tall boot? Looking for a standard height, brown (or maybe taupe/grey) and flat or low heel, if that matters.

StantonHyde
07-27-2014, 08:28 PM
Try looking at DSW--or even Zappos to see what is available.

daniele_ut
07-27-2014, 08:29 PM
I agree with DSW. I have bought 2 pairs of riding boots there in the past 3 years and both have worn very well. I made sure to choose full leather uppers. Each pair was under $100.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jgenie
07-27-2014, 08:35 PM
I would look on Amazon. They have a lot of boots marked down right now. Most with free shipping and free returns. Good luck!

calebsmama03
07-27-2014, 09:19 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. DSW is out of the way so I always forget it but will check. Any specific brands that you've had good luck with?

ourbabygirl
07-27-2014, 10:48 PM
I agree with DSW, but I've also bought some nice tall boots from Clarks (either through Amazon or the Clarks store). They work better for my fussy feet. :)

calebsmama03
08-01-2014, 12:41 AM
Thought I'd update in case anyone else is also looking for decent but affordable boots. I found a couple cute pairs at the nordstrom anny sale. One is the Nordy brand (forget the name) and looks very similar in style to the frye Philip riding boot - not as great construction, of course, but similar look for $90 - and the other is an above the knee style that can be folded over for $135ish. I grabbed the shorter ones (not sure about the OTK boots look on my middle aged self! Lol) just in case I don't find anything else. Still looking to see if I find something better but these will be fine if not.

Vintagegirl
08-02-2014, 02:08 PM
Garnet Hill has the Born Asbee boots which are gorgeous for a classic riding boot and get great reviews. They are pricey ($198 regular price) but I am sure they will go on sale.