PDA

View Full Version : Do you vacuum or sweep your hard floors?

okinawama
08-01-2014, 10:01 AM
The houses in my area usually have hard floors (tile, hardwood or wood laminate)through most of the house. The only areas with carpet are the bedrooms. We were all talking about vacuuming vs sweeping our floors...just wondering what everyone on here does?

hillview
08-01-2014, 10:17 AM
vacuum we are HW throughout with tile in bathroom and kitchen.

Dream
08-01-2014, 10:26 AM
I have hard wood all over except bathrooms and kitchen. We sweep and gather to one place in every room and then use the vacuum to collect it. We also mop afterwards. This is done once a week. But on regular days I just sweep.

almostmom
08-01-2014, 10:26 AM
I do both! Sometimes vacuum, sometimes sweep... Usuallly depends on whether I want to get the vacuum out...

123LuckyMom
08-01-2014, 11:45 AM
I vacuum when I clean. My husband sweeps when he does. He's a really talented sweeper! Seriously, he's gifted. I definitely feel I get the floors cleaner when I vacuum than if I were to sweep, but when he sweeps, it really seems just as clean.

zukeypur
08-01-2014, 12:59 PM
I bought a Miele with hard floor attachment for my floors. I save the broom for the outside patio.

Twoboos
08-01-2014, 01:49 PM
I do both! Sometimes vacuum, sometimes sweep... Usuallly depends on whether I want to get the vacuum out...

This sums it up for us!

lizzywednesday
08-01-2014, 03:30 PM
When I do a thorough cleaning, it's sweep or Swiffer, vacuum, then mop.

For everyday maintenance, it depends. Sometimes, it's a Swiffer mess; other times, it's a dustpan & broom mess. Most often, it's a mop mess.

TwinFoxes
08-01-2014, 03:47 PM
Vacuum. We have an Electrolux Ergorapido for quick jobs, and my beloved Dyson for regular cleaning. My neighbor asked to borrow my broom, and I realized that we don't even have one. We have hardwoods everywhere except the bathrooms.

erosenst
08-02-2014, 12:11 PM
Roomba. I suggest it to everyone with hard floors.

Sent from my phone. Please excuse any typos.

okinawama
08-02-2014, 04:43 PM
Roomba. I suggest it to everyone with hard floors.

Sent from my phone. Please excuse any typos.
I have one on my gift list and I'm hoping that DH and my parents will go together and give me one!

sherry7
08-10-2014, 08:11 PM
Last year, we replaced all of our carpeting with oak. The rest of the house (baths, kitchen, laundry room) is porcelain tile. I don't even own a broom, except for an old one that I keep for the porch. We have Roombas on each floor, which takes care of most of the cleaning. For quick pick ups and the stairs, I have a Hoover Lynx rechargeable vacuum. The brush can be turned off, so it doesn't damage the floor. I have a Dyson that I haven't used in several months.

Liziz
08-10-2014, 10:34 PM
Vacuum. I don't even have a broom in the house (I do use a broom outside for sweeping off the porch, garage, etc.). We have a small re-chargable one we use as the daily sweeper for the kitchen, and then I just got a new Kenmore Elite that I'm loving for deeper cleaning.