PDA

View Full Version : Need jewelry/shoe ideas please

erosenst
08-02-2014, 03:56 PM
We are attending a Bar Mitzvah in Chicago in a couple of months. People will be 'dressed' (on the North Shore, for those familiar). I am not as thin or as trendy, nor do I spend anywhere *near* a much on clothes as most attending...so I've been stressing a bit about what to wear. I happened to walk by this today- it's very very flattering, and the price can't be beat. SO happy. (I'm not as tall or as thin as the model - and while it's somewhat fitted, it's nowhere near this fitted on me. Think more 'skimming' than 'hugging'.)

3657'

BUT - what jewelry/shoes would you wear with this? I need a new pair of black pumps - so suggestions for current, comfortable, less than $100 ones are appreciated. And I'm having trouble picturing what to wear as a necklace, if anything. For some reason, I'm thinking my pearls may work. I haven't worn them in forever, but have seen a couple places that they're coming back. Mine are long enough to double which could work. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

indigo99
08-02-2014, 04:56 PM
Are you wearing your hair up, and are you planning to wear earrings? That could affect my necklace decision.

erosenst
08-02-2014, 05:04 PM
My hair is a slightly tapered bob - long chin length in front but curled under, just to my shoulders on back) so will be down. I will wear earrings - but the only two pairs I wear are either diamond studs, or (very good fake) 'inside out' diamond hoops. Thanks for asking :).

indigo99
08-02-2014, 06:24 PM
I don't especially think that this dress needs a necklace because of the print and higher neckline. I'd probably look for a bracelet or two that will go with your earrings.

SnuggleBuggles
08-02-2014, 10:46 PM
I'd wear some chandelier style earrings and some bangles. No necklace and definitely not pearls.

erosenst
08-02-2014, 10:52 PM
Thanks for confirming my thoughts on no necklace. The (attractive, well dressed) saleswoman kept saying that a necklace would really set it off, and I just couldn't (and can't) envision it with this neckline and print. Maybe that's why pearls came to mind - I was thinking 'as simple as possible if I do anything'.

So... Shoe suggestions?

Sent from my phone. Please excuse any typos.

SnuggleBuggles
08-02-2014, 10:59 PM
I'd probably go with a black peep toe sling back. I don't think I'd do metallic but this shoe comes in both black and pewter: http://m.nordstrom.com/Product/Details/3733944?categoryid=b60138124|f8000465p