PDA

View Full Version : good shorts for running?

♥ms.pacman♥
08-03-2014, 09:17 AM
Any recommendations?? I would like to get back into running but I don't have many shorts that fit which are good for running. Would be open to running skorts too (Athleta seems to have a lot of cute styles), though i've never tried them. It has been almost a decade since I was seriously into a running.

I have tons of Athleta shorts which I like but all of them are more of the type for either yoga or hiking/general activewear than for actual running.

lizzywednesday
08-03-2014, 09:21 AM
I used to like Umbro shorts for soccer to run in, but then puberty hit & my thighs grew.

I kind of like compression shorts nowadays, though I don't usually run unless DD is bolting.

SnuggleBuggles
08-03-2014, 09:32 AM
Nothing special here. Any running shorts from a Target or TJ Maxx work for me. I do have a pair from Target that has a layer of tight shorts that come to mid thigh under the running short. Handy for no chafing, if that's a concern.

specialp
08-03-2014, 11:06 AM
gap fit gstride running shorts. Mine look a bit different and I bought last year, but the description reads the same.

LLongVA
08-03-2014, 02:07 PM
I love running in skorts! I have a few from Athleta (no longer available) and a few from Target. Both are great.

okinawama
08-03-2014, 02:41 PM
I much prefer capris for running. No matter which brand, style or length, they always end up bunching in between my crotch and I'm constantly pulling them down or I'm dealing with chafing as pp said.

wendibird22
08-03-2014, 03:05 PM
I have a few champion brand mesh shorts I like. I make sure they don't have a separate liner inside as I find that bunches up when the outer layer doesn't

lmh2402
08-04-2014, 10:03 PM
I have a few pair from Patagonia that I like - quick dry fabric and they move/dry easily

hellokitty
08-04-2014, 11:52 PM
These were my absolute favorite when I was running. No chaffing, sport wick, comfy and looked nice.

http://www.kohls.com/product/prd-441406/fila-sport-endurance-bermuda-shorts-womens.jsp

StantonHyde
08-14-2014, 04:46 PM
I love Road Runner Sports 5" shorts with a built in liner/underwear. Comfy, they wick moisture and they are not too short.

army_mom
08-16-2014, 08:42 PM
I used to only run in Nike tempo running shorts but now that my thighs are a bit bigger I prefer running skirts so that I am not constantly pulling the shorts down in the crotch area. I get much less chafing with skirts as well. I like the Lululemon pacesetter skirt. Even though I am only 5'5" I actually like the tall length to give me a little more coverage as I find the regular ones a bit short! I also have one INKnBURN skirt that I really like as well-the pockets easily hold a phone and keys and I forget they are even there.