PDA

View Full Version : Some silly disney questions...

scrooks
08-04-2014, 05:04 PM
I know you ladies are experts so I thought I would come here for some help! I have a couple of basic disney questions...

1) if I book through disney now what is their cancellation policy? Do I get a full refund if I cancel a certain amount of time out. We are looking to go the first week of March but no discounts have been released yet. I would like to book to hold a particular type of room but if no discounts come along we would probably stay at the wyndham. I am also assuming if a discount came up I could apply it to our room? Is this correct?

2) if we were to rent dvc points can we get a dining plan (if they offer free dining plan for example)?

3) if we book a family suite at art of animation and free dining come out, which dining plan would it be? We wouldn't want just counter service!

acmom
08-04-2014, 09:29 PM
I know you ladies are experts so I thought I would come here for some help! I have a couple of basic disney questions...

1) if I book through disney now what is their cancellation policy? Do I get a full refund if I cancel a certain amount of time out. We are looking to go the first week of March but no discounts have been released yet. I would like to book to hold a particular type of room but if no discounts come along we would probably stay at the wyndham. I am also assuming if a discount came up I could apply it to our room? Is this correct?

2) if we were to rent dvc points can we get a dining plan (if they offer free dining plan for example)?

3) if we book a family suite at art of animation and free dining come out, which dining plan would it be? We wouldn't want just counter service!

Don't know all the answers for you, but here is what I do know...
1) Full payment isn't due until 45 days before your trip. There is a small deposit when you book - we just booked at 5 night at a deluxe and it was $200. Not sure if that is the standard amount or if it is based on # of nights and hotel. I think you can cancel or change up to the 45 day mark and would only lose the deposit if anything. And yes, if a discount applied to your reservation after you booked, it can be applied.
2) I don't know anything about renting DVC points, but I feel like I read somewhere that you wouldn't get free dining with that. But I am not sure at all about that!
3) I'm pretty sure free dining at the value resorts is the quick service (counter). :(

klwa
08-05-2014, 06:58 AM
To add to the answer for #3, yes in the last few years, value resorts have only gotten free counter service dining. However, you can upgrade to the full dining plan for the cost difference between the two plans, which usually isn't that much.

Also, on 2, I know you CAN get the dining plan if you rent points, but I'm not sure if you can apply free dining to it.

belovedgandp
08-05-2014, 12:44 PM
The price difference between the quick and one table service dining plan is nominal. We've stayed at a value and paid the difference during a free dining period.

I first booked with a room only discount and was able to change the reservation when free dining came out. Simple phone call; took about 10 minutes and saved us several hundred dollars off the original reservation.

The spring has not had free dining for a couple of years but they have had an eat/play promotion where you pay kid rates. The promotions have been coming out in early October (at least I'm hoping)

keh602
08-05-2014, 12:58 PM
You would not qualify for free dining if you rent DVC points. :(

brittone2
08-05-2014, 04:52 PM
We got stay, play, dine applied by our TA after already booking our trip (traveled Feb 2014). It was not an issue at all. There were rumors it would be out, and TAs were waiting and ready IME. You can also just have it applied via a phone call if you aren't working with a TA.