PDA

View Full Version : I feel SO stupid

sfmom
08-12-2014, 01:49 PM
It's been a really weird maternity leave for me. Nothing really has fine according to plan. DD1 reacting really badly to the newborn DS2. But the thing is that in my post partum mania I sold my double stroller in a moms group I'm in... I just needed to get rid of things. There was just so much stuff from 2 kids and 7 yrs. I didn't think things through. I didn't realize i would need it to take the newborn and DS1(4.5 yrs old) to
Pick up DD from school. Since it is a pretty small moms group is emailed the other mom asking to buy back the stroller and that I was willing to pay extra for the inconvenience. I basically begged. I realized how pathetic and weird that is. She emailed me back saying I would have to pay her for a new stroller. I feel like such an idiot.

crayonblue
08-12-2014, 02:19 PM
It's been a really weird maternity leave for me. Nothing really has fine according to plan. DD1 reacting really badly to the newborn DS2. But the thing is that in my post partum mania I sold my double stroller in a moms group I'm in... I just needed to get rid of things. There was just so much stuff from 2 kids and 7 yrs. I didn't think things through. I didn't realize i would need it to take the newborn and DS1(4.5 yrs old) to
Pick up DD from school. Since it is a pretty small moms group is emailed the other mom asking to buy back the stroller and that I was willing to pay extra for the inconvenience. I basically begged. I realized how pathetic and weird that is. She emailed me back saying I would have to pay her for a new stroller. I feel like such an idiot.

I did some pretty stupid stuff postpartum with DD3 too! It's ok. Just go buy a new stroller and let it go.

mikala
08-12-2014, 02:45 PM
Would it be possible to put baby in a carrier for the walk so you don't need to buy a new double?

ccather
08-12-2014, 02:47 PM
First...poo on the other mom for not cutting you some slack. Who hasn't done something stupid in that new baby, not sleeping a wink, brain dead parent phase!

I say skip the double stroller all together, grab yourself a baby sling/wrap/Bjorn thing and an umbrella stroller for DS. At 4.5, DS can walk and would probably want to if presented the opportunity so you may not need the stroller anyway. Bam! Problem solved! :)

StantonHyde
08-12-2014, 03:06 PM
I went for a long time with DS in the stroller and DD in a Bjorn. You're ok--and I agree with PP--poo on that mom for not cutting you some slack!! Yeesh, like she hasn't been there before!!!

sfmom
08-12-2014, 04:05 PM
Thank you!! I really appreciate the advise. I feel like the post partum is just hitting now. I probably would ln think this was such a big deal otherwise. Thank you!!!

marymoo86
08-12-2014, 05:05 PM
Another possible - if you have a single stroller - can you get a rider board for it? Your 4.5 is probably close to being out of stroller age anyway?

Agree - newborns do a whopper on the brain :)

DualvansMommy
08-12-2014, 05:19 PM
Another possible - if you have a single stroller - can you get a rider board for it? Your 4.5 is probably close to being out of stroller age anyway?

Agree - newborns do a whopper on the brain :)

This is what I did! I already had the vista for DS1 when DS2 was born, but also had G luxe as my umbrella stroller too. By then, DS1 preferred to walk, unless long walks like Disney or the boardwalk miles walk down the shore. So I tried using bjorn carrier with DS2 but he HATED it! I didn't want to get a double stroller, given the infrequency I would use for both boys. I ended up using a rider board to attach my vista and viola! Both boys happy.

3isEnough
08-13-2014, 08:19 PM
The thing I'm most incredulous about is that the other mom said you'd have to pay her for a new stroller. That's just completely rude and inconsiderate! Who does that?!? The post-partum brain taking over and not thinking rationally? Now that I get :p

doberbrat
08-14-2014, 10:03 AM
The thing I'm most incredulous about is that the other mom said you'd have to pay her for a new stroller. That's just completely rude and inconsiderate! Who does that?!? The post-partum brain taking over and not thinking rationally? Now that I get :p

I'm so glad I'm not the only one thinking that! I'd def get a carrier and a single..... or do what I did and make dd1 walk or ride a bike/scooter .... makes for a better bedtime ;)

ps - congrats on the new addition and dong fret that things arent working out to 'plan' - they rarely do!

sfmom
08-16-2014, 08:00 PM
UPDATE: A very very kind acquaintance gave me (as in wouldn't allow me to pay) her double stroller for which I was very grateful. Having said that....I was so taken aback by the other mom's response (I offered her double her money back). Even though everything worked out there's just a huge ick factor. Probably hormones....

Thanks for all the mojo and support -- new addition is a handful :)

123LuckyMom
08-16-2014, 10:14 PM
I'm so glad that worked out! Shame on that awful mom who refused to GIVE let alone sell you the stroller back. I think that meanness will come back to her somehow. That was truly bad behavior!

We were also gifted two double strollers (an umbrella and a BOB) by friends. I was sooooo grateful! There's nothing wrong with reselling and trying to recoup your expense, but I try to give away as much baby stuff as I can, because it's all so expensive, and if I can ease someone's way, I want to do that. When we were done with one of the doubles we gifted it to the preschool to sell in a fundraiser (with the original owners' blessing.) We'll probably do the same with the BOB pretty soon. Enjoy your gifted double, and let the ick factor rest where it belongs, on the greedy mom who wouldn't give you a break when you needed one.