PDA

View Full Version : Stroller companies?

acmom
08-14-2014, 03:51 PM
We rented a double stroller last trip and plan to do the same again this Nov for our 4 and almost 6 year old. Someone told me that Disney is only allowing a few select stroller companies to deliver and pick up from the resort (without you needing to be present). Is this true now and if so, anyone know which stroller companies they are? Thanks!

brittone2
08-14-2014, 03:54 PM
We used Apple in Feb of 2014 for two singles. The handles were a little bit up, but functionally they were fine. It was a super cheap deal, so we went that route. I knew I wanted a single for my DS2 (was not yet 4 when we traveled) but was on the fence about my 7 yo (small for age, is very cheerful except when tired or hungry, so I suspected she would do better with a stroller as an option and she did). The price there allowed me to rent two singles without hesitation. I went that route in case we didn't want to use the 2nd stroller each day or wanted to split up.

We stayed at POR and they delivered it to the bell services area out front. No issues.

acmom
08-14-2014, 03:58 PM
Hmmm....never considered two singles! Wonder if I should think about that. We virtually always stay together, but it might be easy to push and squeeze in tight spots on transportation. Thanks for the company name too- ill check there.

brittone2
08-14-2014, 04:51 PM
Yeah, I don't think many people do two singles, but someone suggested it to me and it actually worked quite well for us. I think it was easier to exit after the fireworks with two singles vs. a double, but I can see why people would prefer a single. My oldest was super awesome and offered to push DD and DS2 a lot, which was fabulous for DH and me :)

carolyn_oh
08-15-2014, 09:33 AM
We used Kingdom Strollers in November 2013; great experience--we would use them again. Magic Strollers is also an authorized rental company.

Cam&Clay
08-15-2014, 10:00 AM
We were extremely happy with Magic Strollers. Excellent customer service!

brittone2
08-15-2014, 01:59 PM
I will add that apple would not have been my first choice based off of things I read, but the price when we went was very low and I wasn't sure I needed that 2nd stroller, so we went for a lower price. We paid under $100 for both strollers with all delivery, tax, etc. included. I can't recall what the prices were elsewhere, but it was a better deal at the time.

123LuckyMom
08-15-2014, 03:07 PM
We were told at the desk of the Polynesian in Spring 2013 that bell services will no longer handle scooter deliveries from any company without the renter present. I don't know whether that is true of strollers, too. We got our scooter from Apple-- the same company as the super cheap stroller rentals. It was no big deal, though. They still came right to the hotel. You just had to meet them in the lobby.