PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Have the HEMNES Twin-Size Bedframe?

lizzywednesday
08-17-2014, 10:53 AM
We're trying to get DD out of our bed (I'll put the bag over my head later) and currently have an IKEA junior bedframe.

It's the SUNDVIK, but if you were to search that model, you would find the newer model, which extends to a twin-sized bed. Ours doesn't. (For reference: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S69046072/ )

DD hates it; the sides, which would have been great for a younger child, kind of make her feel claustrophobic. And she tosses & turns, then wakes herself up because she'll hit one in her sleep.

Anyway, it might be time to upgrade. I don't want to lose a lot of floor space, so a full-sized bed is NOT an option. (Really. NOT. An. Option. We've set up a full-sized bed in the room before; it's too much furniture for the space.)

So, I'm looking at this HEMNES:

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S09011674/

We already have twin-sized bedding that she'll be able to use, so that's not a problem. We'd also likely purchase an IKEA mattress to go with it; I am an IKEA FAMILY member, so we can likely find one at a discount.

Anyone have any experience or reviews? Anything else I might need to know?

Staraglimmer
08-17-2014, 11:41 AM
We don't have the bed, but we do have 4 Hemnes dressers. We love them. They are pretty tough. I like that the wipe clean easily and have stood up to being moved 4 times.

larig
08-17-2014, 12:56 PM
We don't have that Hemnes, but we have the 3-drawer daybed, which has been here for 10 years (pre DS) and it's just awesome. Such a great kid bed with all the storage drawers. They can take really heavy stuff, unlike some ikea drawers.

jerigirl
08-17-2014, 03:51 PM
We have the Queen Hemnes bed and wide dresser in our guest room. I put it all together by myself mostly. Non of our guests have complained about the bed LOL

khm
08-18-2014, 12:15 AM
We have the hemnes in a full for our daughter. It is very nice. I would totally recommend it.

lizzywednesday
08-18-2014, 08:39 AM
We don't have that Hemnes, but we have the 3-drawer daybed, which has been here for 10 years (pre DS) and it's just awesome. Such a great kid bed with all the storage drawers. They can take really heavy stuff, unlike some ikea drawers.

I like the idea of the storage drawers, but I can't spend that much. Also, with the way the room is laid out, a daybed isn't an option - it would have the potential to block access to her closet.

We have the Queen Hemnes bed and wide dresser in our guest room. I put it all together by myself mostly. Non of our guests have complained about the bed LOL

I'm stellar at furniture assembly. My brother Ger and I have IKEA assembly down to a science.

We have the hemnes in a full for our daughter. It is very nice. I would totally recommend it.

Thanks! That's as good a review as any.

TwoBees
08-18-2014, 11:40 AM
We just bought this in a queen for our guest room. I can update if we have any issues after it's put together. We previous had a king-sized ikea bed frame for our master and it lasted a good 7 years (and one move)!

lizzywednesday
08-18-2014, 03:46 PM
We just bought this in a queen for our guest room. I can update if we have any issues after it's put together. We previous had a king-sized ikea bed frame for our master and it lasted a good 7 years (and one move)!

Sweet.

Now to figure out where I'm going to sell the SUNDVIK...

TwoBees
09-12-2014, 12:01 PM
I forgot to update this post earlier. The HEMNES queen bed frame took DH and my dad about 2+ hours to put together, but that's because they got to the end and realized one piece was upside down. :6: And of course DH broke off a small piece of the wood when trying to fix it himself because he didn't have someone support the weight of the piece while he was adjusting and it dropped :duh: But those are user error issues. So far I haven't noticed any issues with the bed itself and my parents have not mentioned anything either (it is the bed in the guest room and we are using an air mattress on it right now).