PDA

View Full Version : Akershus dinner or Mickey's Christmas Party?

acmom
08-17-2014, 01:07 PM
We are headed in Nov and I was somehow able to snag one Akershus princess dinner ADR even though all other character meals were gone for our stay. (I'm still checking though). We did Akerhaus last trip and it was a favorite. But we had also considered Mickeys Christmas Party which we have never done...But of course it is only offered on the same night of our stay that I found the Akerhaus dinner. :(

Anyone been to the Christmas party? Was it a big hit? Which would you do?

egoldber
08-17-2014, 03:29 PM
How old are your kids?

Do you have someone really into princesses, especially Belle? The princess meals are a great way to get many of the princess autographs out of the way.

acmom
08-17-2014, 08:32 PM
How old are your kids?

Do you have someone really into princesses, especially Belle? The princess meals are a great way to get many of the princess autographs out of the way.

DD will be 6 when we go and DS is 4. Both like princesses, but DD isn't quite as princess crazy as she was last trip. But they both do love getting autographs and still talk about that as one of the highlights of previous trips.

egoldber
08-18-2014, 10:42 AM
I have only been to the Halloween Party and I thought it was meh. There are a lot of holiday decorations throughout the parks, so I would personally think that would suffice. But JMO. :)

acmom
08-18-2014, 12:29 PM
Thanks egoldber! I'm actually glad to hear you don't think it's a must do as it makes the choice easier!

Tammy
08-29-2014, 12:12 AM
We did both last year and loved the Xmas party! Everyone in our family had a great time, from the fireworks, the music playing, seeing Santa and getting pics with him, etc. the parade was awesome. We ended up going on some of my daughter's favorite rides after the fireworks and there was hardly no wait for any of the rides. We weren't all that impressed with Akershus even though the girls liked the princess time. I would choose the Xmas party though...it's a whole night of fun!