PDA

View Full Version : Non-underwire bras

MamaMolly
08-21-2014, 09:48 PM
Anyone go from wearing an underwire to a non underwire? Any non-underwire wearers out there who have big boobs and a bra they love? I've worn an underwire since high school, but I think I need to change.

The washer in our new house is mangling the everliving heck out of my bras, and I stink at bending them back into shape. I've tried to put them into lingerie bags, but the stupid washer is so water efficient that they don't get washed well that way. Yes, my wonderful looking crappy washing whirlpool washer sucks, but thanks to us buying a new house it is going to be the one I have for a LOOOOOONG time. :(

So that said, I think I need to switch. All suggestions welcome!

ArizonaGirl
08-21-2014, 10:42 PM
I'm a 34F and love my Freya wireless bra.

I will say that I don't wash mine in my LG transponder, I hand wash mine with Dawn dish soap, and lay them flat to dry.

Neatfreak
08-21-2014, 10:58 PM
Yeah, the wireless Freya Deco is a good recommendation. Maybe the Panache Sophie? IIRC, Goddess and Glamorize also make non-underwire bras in non-matrix band and cup sizes.

I would be so upset if my bras were ruined from washing - they're not cheap in my size!

MamaMolly
08-22-2014, 11:26 AM
Thanks for the suggestions! Do you buy your bras online or at a b&m store?

cookiemonster80
08-22-2014, 01:28 PM
I'm 36 c-d and wear the spanx wireless- love it. I started when I was pregnant and continued through Breastfeeding- and kept wearing it as it's still so great.

cvanbrunt
08-22-2014, 04:13 PM
Why not just hand wash your bras? I do like these http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/calvin-klein-f2781-soft-cup-contour-bra/2925684?origin=category-personalizedsort&contextualcategoryid=0&fashionColor=Sand+Dune&resultback=285&cm_sp=personalizedsort-_-browseresults-_-1_1_C for non-underwires.

Neatfreak
08-22-2014, 05:27 PM
Why not just hand wash your bras? I do like these http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/calvin-klein-f2781-soft-cup-contour-bra/2925684?origin=category-personalizedsort&contextualcategoryid=0&fashionColor=Sand+Dune&resultback=285&cm_sp=personalizedsort-_-browseresults-_-1_1_C for non-underwires.

Hand-washing is recommended by most manufacturers of non-wire bras, too - machine-washing still puts stress on the elastic in the band, which shortens the useful life of the bra …

MamaMolly
08-22-2014, 07:22 PM

I don't feel like I get them clean enough. I sweat a lot. So fun being over 40!

ArizonaGirl
08-22-2014, 08:00 PM
I use to feel like hand washing wouldn't do the trick but my best friends mom owns a dry cleaning and alterations shop and washes wedding dresses for storage with Dawn dish soap and swears by it.

I tried it and fell like it really does the truck.