PDA

View Full Version : high protein snacks for kindergarten?

theriviera
08-25-2014, 03:40 PM
DD1 starts kinder tomorrow. It's half day, PM so she will eat lunch before going to school. They get 1 20 minute snack/recess break. DD1 is really sensitive to hunger so I want to have high protein portable snacks for her. I am assuming her school is nut free but I am not sure.

So far I have:
string cheese

and that's it :)

i would love to hear more ideas!

baymom
08-25-2014, 03:44 PM
Cheese stick & crackers

ETA--oops, just saw you already thought of that! How about hummus & baby carrots?

wendibird22
08-25-2014, 03:48 PM
Gogurt, cottage cheese, celery w/ PB (if nuts are ok) or sun butter or cream cheese, carrots w/ ranch dip or guac.

happymom
08-25-2014, 04:41 PM
Hard boiled egg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twowhat?
08-26-2014, 06:02 PM
A friend of mine had the great idea of sending in the little tubs of greek yogurt - they are really high in protein!

Roasted chickpeas are a favorite here.

We picked up a bag of Somersaults from Costco (they have sunflower and sesame seeds and are pleasant enough - slightly sweet/cinnamon-y - that my kids are happy with them for snacks, and they have a decent amt of protein)

A PB/J (or PB substitute) sandwich on whole wheat bread. You can just do half a sandwich or two little triangles for a snack.

nrp
08-26-2014, 07:06 PM
Nick's Sticks - grass-fed nitrate-free beef sticks. My kids love them. They can be $$, but I buy them in bulk to get the price down a bit.
Graham cracker sandwiches (we do Mi-Del whole wheat) with cream cheese or sunbutter (peanut butter or almond butter if allowed).

123LuckyMom
08-27-2014, 12:17 AM
For snacks with decent protein we do:
Cheese and crackers
Hummus and dippers (veggies or pita)
Roasted chick peas
Edamame
Kashi bars (5-7g protein)
Cream cheese on anything
Greek yogurt is our biggie

We also do lots of nuts, seeds, and peanut butter, but I don't pack those to go out of the house any more.

pastrygirl
08-27-2014, 12:39 PM
I just noticed Chobani yogurt tubes the other day. They have 5g protein each. I bought the banana flavor and both my kids loved them.