PDA

View Full Version : Any school supplies on clearance yet?

diamond
08-25-2014, 07:01 PM
Looking to stock up..

calebsmama03
08-25-2014, 10:35 PM
Around here everything is mostly cleared out. School started last Monday. We got an extra supply list on Friday with a few things (colored pencils, red pens, glue sticks) and I am having a hard time completing the list from target or walmart. Everything is still reg price. Not even on sale anymore!

ett
08-25-2014, 10:43 PM
Not yet, but many schools here don't start until next week. I was at Target on Saturday and the school supply section was still fully stocked.

Twin Mom
09-10-2014, 04:58 PM
School supplies were finally on clearance at my Target. School started here on 8/11. Many things were 50% off but some were still 30% off. I didn't buy much but in case you are already in Target it's worth a look if school started a few weeks ago.

indigo99
09-10-2014, 09:21 PM
You might ask your Target when Halloween stuff will be in since that'll be replacing school supplies. Then you can figure that school supplies will be 70% off the two or three days before that date. I suspect that mine may go to 70% tomorrow since Halloween comes out the 14th.

keh602
09-10-2014, 10:13 PM
I wish I'd remembered to check the school supply section last time I was at Target, but I know they must have a lot on clearance because I found a few things by the regular office supply section.

MMMommy
09-11-2014, 12:39 AM
Our Target had some (not all) of the school supplies at 30% off. Zippered binders (Mead and Case-It) were 30% off, as well as glue stick sets, lunchboxes and some other stuff.

Babymakes3
09-11-2014, 09:01 AM
My Targets were 70% off starting yesterday, I happened upon it and it was obvious that it hadn't been picked through yet! I got folders for .04, notebooks for .07, and 2 pks of glue sticks for .11! Hitting another today to see what I find!

ang79
09-11-2014, 09:22 AM
Our Target had some (not all) of the school supplies at 30% off. Zippered binders (Mead and Case-It) were 30% off, as well as glue stick sets, lunchboxes and some other stuff.

Was at my closest Target last night and this was the case there, some at 30%, a few things at 50% (just certain backbacks and lunch boxes). There was still some stuff not marked down yet but overall there wasn't much school stuff left. They had already moved it to a different aisle in the back corner of the store and were starting to put out Halloween decorations and costumes. I was surprised there was not more school stuff available, though I saw a cart packed up with the smaller items like pencil boxes, glue sticks, etc. and no clearance stickers on them. Was wondering if they were not going to clearance out the smaller items. I picked up a few binders at 30% off that I needed, because it didn't look like things would be around much longer to be discounted further. Will check our other Target later today, hoping for better luck there!

anonomom
09-11-2014, 11:54 AM
My Target has its school supplies at a variety of clearance levels. My big score was pronged folders for $0.03 each. They were 70% off, and then there's a Cartwheel that worked for another 10% off of that. Of course, they're fairly inexpensive to begin with so I'm not 100% sure it was worth the tradeoff of having to store them for next year. :-)

Composition books were also 30% off, as were some scissors and small staplers.

twowhat?
09-12-2014, 11:16 AM
Darn, I think I missed it at my Target - they already had the Halloween stuff out and the clearance items in the back corner were very picked through. Of the stuff not picked through - things like lunchboxes/backpacks, post-it notes. The best stuff I saw were Funtainers (the water bottles). Mostly boy designs. We don't need them so I didn't buy and can't remember the price - I think less than $5. Was hoping to find some of the thermos containers for hot lunches but no go!

Elsewhere was more like 30-50% off:

In the school/office supplies aisle there were a few things. Binders, 5-subject notebooks (didn't need). Dry erase markers - I got some for home use. Also found the U&U printer paper (2.45 - so not great but I use it for work so went ahead and got some). U&U construction paper for 2.78 - the large 18 by 12 size - I got a few for school projects.

I was hoping to see some of the office supplies like small notebooks clearanced because I use those for note-taking at work, but no go:) I nabbed a giant pack of CD-Rs in the clearance aisle (re-package) which is great, can use for work.

A couple of weeks ago my Kroger had the 24-pack crayola crayons in the clearance bins for 39 cents. I stocked up! So don't forget to check grocery stores too when you go!!

jennilynn
09-13-2014, 05:33 PM
Ours were moved to end caps in office supplies today. Mostly folders and notebooks but I managed to find some Yoobi markers at 70% and Scotch tape which was at 50%.

Twin Mom
09-13-2014, 06:25 PM
My Kroger had twistable crayons and pencils really cheap. 12 pack colored pencils were $1.04 and the crayons were $1.44 for 24. 16 pack pip squeak markers were $1.14. We didn't need crayons but the regular packs were $0.59. Not sure how many were in a pack. They also had the ultra washable markers for $0.79. I thought my DC were getting a pack or 2 for the house but they didn't get any. They don't need markers in middle school.

Went to another Target when we were driving by. Some of the notebooks were $0.02. There was a teacher stocking up and buying a whole shopping cart full for her and some other teachers. Others were $0.06. I think the folders were this cheap too and the book covers which my DC need for middle school were $0.09 so I bought a bunch. Other things were 50% off or 70% off.

There was nothing on sale at Walmart that I could see.

calebsmama03
09-15-2014, 01:33 AM
My target is still at 30% for everything and very little left aside from a ton of crappy back packs. I don't think it will make it to super clearance. Bummer. School started 4 weeks ago.

Twin Mom
09-19-2014, 09:51 PM
Happen to be in another Target since I had to return something and there was almost nothing left in the school supply area but the backpacks that I saw were 70% off. They had a ton of the large Elmers Xtreme glue sticks for $0.58 each, regularly $1.99 each. Not sure if they really work better than regular glue sticks but I got a couple to keep around the house. http://www.walmart.com/ip/Elmer-s-Xtreme-Glue-Stick-0.88oz/16828190