PDA

View Full Version : how to get rid of grease stain on clothes ?

babyfiorina1
08-27-2014, 09:35 PM
Grease from cooking oil that is. So far I've tried rubbing corn starch, chalk, pre treated with detergent and didn't give good result. What has/have worked for you for both fresh stain and old ones ? Thanks

SnuggleBuggles
08-27-2014, 09:38 PM
something like Dawn hand dishwashing soap could work.

scrooks
08-27-2014, 09:38 PM
My mil gave me a degreaser concentrate that she buys from someone (an independant sales consultant of some sort??). I wish I could tell you where to buy it because it REALLY works!

specialp
08-27-2014, 09:46 PM
Shout advanced gel for a few minutes and then put it in washing machine with warm/hot water w/ oxyclean. Let it soak and then go through the cycle. I have had to repeat before, but it almost always gets it out the first time.

BunnyBee
08-27-2014, 09:51 PM
Dawn or Lestoil (find on amazon or at Ace Hardware)

melwe
08-27-2014, 10:16 PM
I've had good luck with Zout. I haven't been able to find it in the stores lately, but it looks like it is on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Zout-Triple-Formula-Laundry-Remover/dp/B000QR94VI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=undefined&sr=8-1&keywords=Zout

123LuckyMom
08-27-2014, 10:50 PM
I recently started using the Resolve stain stick, and it does really well on grease! My previous method involved liberally sprinkling baby powder on the stains, leaving overnight, using a towel to brush off much of the powder the next day, and then washing. This absolutely works, but it does sometimes take a couple of treatments. I usually air dry the offending garment just to make sure it's clean. If it isn't, i do the powder thing again.

hellokitty
08-27-2014, 11:43 PM
Zout is my favorite stain remover.

ckso
08-28-2014, 01:59 AM
I soak it in oxyclean and works great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nfceagles
08-28-2014, 10:07 AM
Lestoil

babyfiorina1
08-28-2014, 11:22 AM
Thank you, I'll try them :)

cono0507
08-28-2014, 12:06 PM
I feel like I've tried everything for grease/cooking oil stains and this is what works for me and works every time. I can't find it in stores but I get it on amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0080IJ9LU?pc_redir=1408886067&robot_redir=1

ETA- just saw a PP recommended it too. It works!!

babyfiorina1
08-28-2014, 03:09 PM
I went to ace hardware earlier to get lestoil and resolve. The lady I spoke to highly recommended this bar soap calls " fels-naptha". I got it too and tried the soap first. It worked magic, even on the grease stain in clothes that had been washed before. The old grandma soap works!!!!

babyfiorina1
08-28-2014, 03:10 PM
I feel like I've tried everything for grease/cooking oil stains and this is what works for me and works every time. I can't find it in stores but I get it on amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0080IJ9LU?pc_redir=1408886067&robot_redir=1

ETA- just saw a PP recommended it too. It works!!

I found resolve at our local ace hardware.

lizzywednesday
09-16-2014, 09:24 AM
I went to ace hardware earlier to get lestoil and resolve. The lady I spoke to highly recommended this bar soap calls " fels-naptha". I got it too and tried the soap first. It worked magic, even on the grease stain in clothes that had been washed before. The old grandma soap works!!!!

Fels-Naptha is awesome.

Cheap, reliable, effective, though stinky.

cagey
09-16-2014, 11:50 AM
Fels-Naptha or Dawn detergent

pastrygirl
09-16-2014, 01:12 PM
Lestoil (find on amazon or at Ace Hardware)THANK YOU for this!!! I've been looking everywhere for Lestoil for 2 weeks and have yet to find it. I'll try Ace next!

pastrygirl
09-19-2014, 12:41 PM
The Lestoil worked, but the clothes stink to high heaven! How do you get the Lestoil smell out?? I made the mistake of washing with my sheets. I may need to get rid of them. (Then again, better than having washed with all my clothes!)

trentsmom
09-19-2014, 01:06 PM
The Lestoil worked, but the clothes stink to high heaven! How do you get the Lestoil smell out?? I made the mistake of washing with my sheets. I may need to get rid of them. (Then again, better than having washed with all my clothes!)

When I use Lestoil, my clothes smell when they come out of the washer, but they're fine after I dry them. I just checked some aprons I washed last week after I had covered them in Lestoil - no smell. I use Charlie's soap, so there is no other fragrance to cover anything.

twowhat?
09-19-2014, 08:15 PM
Fels Naptha works great for us! I wet the fabric, then rub on the fels naptha, making sure I rub enough to work the soap into the fabric. Let sit for a couple of hours and then wash.

pastrygirl
09-19-2014, 10:07 PM
The smell came out, but the stains did not! I thought they had, as you can't see the grease when dark green shirts are still wet. :( I'd already dried them (actually, they'd already been washed/dried a couple of times before the stains were noticed.) I then tried the Fels Naptha but only left it on for a couple of minutes because that's what the instructions said. Again, dried in the dryer because I couldn't notice the stain. My husband's shirt is still quite stained, and mine is noticeable but better than before. I'll try again tomorrow and really work it in and leave it for a couple of hours.

From now on, we're inspecting our clothes before washing! It's not often that we get stains, so it's not something I'm used to doing...

Green_Tea
09-20-2014, 08:17 AM
Dawn dish detergent. Let it sit for 15-20, then wash.