PDA

View Full Version : ISO deal on comforters

nupe
09-04-2014, 09:41 AM
I am looking for allergen reduced/free down, or faux down, machine washable, full size, to fit in my new PBteen full size duvets. I've looked at company store, lands end (with 30% off), and pbteen, and looking to spend a little less.

Twoboos
09-04-2014, 10:08 AM
Do you have an IKEA nearby? I got DD1 one from there last year and it seems to have held up. I don't remember which I got but I'm thinking a 3 or 4 rated one.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/categories/departments/bedroom/20529/

nupe
09-08-2014, 02:16 AM
No ikea near me! Thanks though!

nupe
09-13-2014, 10:07 PM
Was in Costco today and saw these Pacific Coast Down comforters, year round comfort, $119 for full/queen.

http://www.costco.com/Pacific-Coast%C2%AE-Platinum-European-Comforter-with-Pyr%C3%A9n%C3%A9es-Down---Year-Round-Warmth.product.100107166.html?catalogId=10701&keyword=pacific+coast+platinum+year&langId=-1&storeId=10301

AmyCta
09-14-2014, 07:22 AM
If you are open to a color or print besides just white, you might find a good deal soon at Garnet Hill on clearance. Right now the reduced price on selected colors of their down & Core-Loft comforters is $150 but you could watch for them to appear on Deal of the Day soon. Last Friday's Deal of the Day (which is still in effect over the weekend) included the clearance colors of their down/Core-Loft blankets and the full size is reduced to $84. So...If they put the comforters on Deal of the Day there's a chance you could get the light cucumber green or one of the sale patterns for a similarly discounted price. I can't remember if the comforters have been on DotD recently.

I bought down comforters from The Company Store six years ago when I glanced at the summer catalog and noticed all sizes of their St. Tropez line were $99. When I ordered I was able to apply a 15% off code (so I got our king size as well as queen & twin comforters for my mom & my daughter for $84.99 each, which seemed great.) Last year I needed a pair of twin comforters for my sons and I looked hopefully at TCS for a flat price for all sizes but I haven't seen that kind of offer again.

I ended up buying from Garnet Hill immediately after Christmas. They were $94. Garnet Hill had deep sales in those weeks and the price might have dropped even lower at some point but I had been watching for something $99 or lower so I just got the two colors I wanted as soon as they went below $100. GH does have white sales periodically that could save you 20% but the timing might not work if you need something now.

Mikey0709
09-14-2014, 08:50 AM
If your willing to shop eBay, company store does have their irregulars and customer returns on eBay. I bought one I was pleased with when I was looking for a colored down comforter. Less than 1/2 price and it was new, never used. I think it's out of NY.

But I also bought one from garnet hill and have to say I liked that one 100x better! Much softer cotton and alot quieter cotton, if you know what I mean.

My non-down have also come from ikea.... Used those for years and they go through the wash incredible!

Twin Mom
09-14-2014, 09:46 PM
I would check TJ Maxx/Marshalls/Homegoods and Tuesday Morning if you have one near you. Tuesday Morning had 300 TC down alternative comforters for $89.99 in their most recent ad.