PDA

View Full Version : Homemade Chicken Nuggets for freezer?

elbenn
09-09-2014, 10:16 AM
I thought it would be nice to make a large batch of homemade chicken nuggets and then freeze them and warm them up as needed. Does anyone do this? If so, do they freeze okay? What recipe do you use?

Kindra178
09-09-2014, 10:21 AM
I thought it would be nice to make a large batch of homemade chicken nuggets and then freeze them and warm them up as needed. Does anyone do this? If so, do they freeze okay? What recipe do you use?

Start with chicken tenders (I buys TJ's organic). Dip in egg first and parm next (or parm and bread crumbs - panko crumbs work the best). Fry or bake in coconut oil. I freeze in ziplocs in one layer.

elbenn
09-09-2014, 11:00 AM
Start with chicken tenders (I buys TJ's organic). Dip in egg first and parm next (or parm and bread crumbs - panko crumbs work the best). Fry or bake in coconut oil. I freeze in ziplocs in one layer.

This sounds so easy! When you bake in coconut oil, do you just have a thin layer of coconut oil in the pan, or do you coat the (already coated) nuggets?

Kindra178
09-09-2014, 01:04 PM
This sounds so easy! When you bake in coconut oil, do you just have a thin layer of coconut oil in the pan, or do you coat the (already coated) nuggets?

I grease the baking dish, so to speak. They really do taste better when you fry though.

Mommy_Mea
09-09-2014, 03:20 PM
I used to take ground chicken and combine it with some veggies that I finely chopped in the food processor (broccoli, carrots, etc), then roll it into 1" balls and toss in panko crumbs. Bake in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes (I think, been too long!), then place on a tray to freeze. Once frozen, toss them in a freezer bag, and take them out as needed. DS1 loved them. I really need to make those again!