PDA

View Full Version : Miscarriage question

AngB
09-12-2014, 04:55 PM
I found at last Friday i had a missed m/c (which we pretty much expected since it was measuring 12 days behind with a low heart rate at 7.5 wks). I decided to do expectant management in the hopes of avoiding a d&c (my risks and medical history are complicated enough without an additional surgery thrown in). Anyway have been lightly bleeding since Wednesday and very very heavily bleeding since about noon today. I know one thing they said to watch out for is too much blood loss but how much is too much? I assume the typical more than a pad an hour doesn't really apply to a m/c but not sure when its too much?

My ob's office is closed and I would rather not bug them, just wondering if someone happened to know some general guidelines?

Thanks!

mikala
09-12-2014, 04:58 PM
I don't have any advice but wanted to send hugs.

Momit
09-12-2014, 05:11 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. Will send you a PM.

pastrygirl
09-12-2014, 05:23 PM
I'm sorry for your loss. When m/c naturally, I had extreme pain, diarrhea, cramping, etc., when I actually passed the sac. I don't remember if I bled before or after. I was about as far along as you.

I would probably use the usual AF indicator of heavy bleeding. And rest as much as you can.

wellyes
09-12-2014, 05:37 PM
I'm so sorry.
I had one too.
In your shoes I'd probably call, or maybe go to urgent care, since you are doing more than a pad an hour... not that it's a medical crisis, but anything to make you more comfortable and give peace of mind couldn't hurt.

PZMommy
09-12-2014, 06:49 PM
I had large gushes of blood with insane cramping. Basically having contraction when I miscarried. I think heavy bleeding is to be expected. Once I passed everything, then the bleeding subsided. Be sure to go in for a follow up ultrasound to make sure everything got cleared out. I did not pass all of the tissue and had some bleeding for several weeks and ended up needing a D&C anyways ( which was so much easier than a natural miscarriage!!)

I'm sorry for your loss.

ourbabygirl
09-12-2014, 10:39 PM
Just wanted to send more hugs and say I'm sorry for your loss. :hug:

TwoBees
09-15-2014, 02:44 PM
Just wanted to send more hugs and say I'm sorry for your loss. :hug:

I'm so sorry.

Staraglimmer
09-15-2014, 02:53 PM
(Hugs). I am so sorry for your loss.

AngB
09-15-2014, 03:46 PM
Thanks. So I was dumb and didn't call my doctor or go in and it got really bad and she told me today I definitely should have. (I didn't call because I figured she would tell me to go in and I really didn't want to..) Anyway even after a horrific Friday I still have a lot of tissue and possibly the placenta still there so am going to have to have a d&c Friday unless something changes. I am really bummed this is still not freaking over with.

BDKmom
09-15-2014, 04:14 PM
So sorry for your loss.

PZMommy
09-15-2014, 07:26 PM
Thanks. So I was dumb and didn't call my doctor or go in and it got really bad and she told me today I definitely should have. (I didn't call because I figured she would tell me to go in and I really didn't want to..) Anyway even after a horrific Friday I still have a lot of tissue and possibly the placenta still there so am going to have to have a d&c Friday unless something changes. I am really bummed this is still not freaking over with.

I'm sorry! This is exactly what happened with me, and ended up with a D&C in addition to everything else. I had very minimal,bleeding after the D&C, and physically felt pretty good afterwards. Emotionally was a whole different story....

calebsmama03
09-16-2014, 01:36 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss! I've had 3 "natural mc's" and theyce all been different. First was 7 weeks, bled lightly for a few days then heavy bleeding once actual mc started. Bled heavily (needed to stay on toilet or have doubled up super pads) and contraction like cramping for a few hours. Passed placenta, sac, etc as one large clump (preceded by urge to push), pain and bleeding immediately improved (just like a live birth). Bled moderately for another day then lightly for 4 or so. Next was 5 weeks and was just a cramps, clotting, heavy P. Most recent was 9 weeks. Bled lightly for a day then heavy bleeding (as above, gushes that would flood the pad with each contraction) and contractions that were incredibly intense for an entire day. It was awful. Passed many large clumps and felt urge to push several times but no one definitely "it". Next morning bleeding was less (like a heavier P) and cramps were better so assumed it was over. 2 days later started heavy bleeding and intense contractions again. Lasted several hours, passed another large clump and bleeding/ctx improved but I continued to pass smaller clots and clumps for a few more days with bleeding waxing and waning several times before it tapered off. Confirmed via blood levels that all had passed (and recently via u/s, as well).

All that to say you may yet pass everything without needing to out yourself thru the d and c. Good luck to you and take care of yourself! Hugs.

pastrygirl
09-16-2014, 08:17 AM
It is terrible how long it can take. :( I'm sorry you're going through this...