PDA

View Full Version : Double Whammy

Twoboos
09-15-2014, 04:10 PM
Got two letters in DD1's backpack today.

(1) Teacher is pregnant and will be out Jan-April. This is the 3rd time in 5 years DD has been in a class where the teacher has gone on maternity leave (well, except for the year the teacher had the baby right before school started and didn't come back).

(2) Someone in the class has lice.

Fun. :banghead:

georgiegirl
09-15-2014, 04:20 PM
Ugh, I'm sorry. We had that situation last year. DD's teacher had a baby in November and one week later I discovered DD had lice.

zukeypur
09-15-2014, 04:36 PM
So sorry.

If I get a letter about DD's teacher being pregnant I'm starting lice treatment on everyone.

crayonblue
09-15-2014, 05:33 PM
So sorry.

If I get a letter about DD's teacher being pregnant I'm starting lice treatment on everyone.

LOL!

Both DDs have teachers this year who are past the age to have children, yay! One less thing to worry about but don't be jealous, lice are every-freaking-where here.

happymom
09-15-2014, 11:03 PM
Oh man, they should have waited a couple days to send out the note about maternity leave once they knew they had to send home the note about lice!

Staraglimmer
09-15-2014, 11:07 PM
Aww. I'm sorry. They should have thrown in something more positive!

JustMe
09-15-2014, 11:17 PM
Ugh!

Wow, how do these kind of things happen--like your dd having teachers go on maternity leave 3 years in a row. Wow.

AnnieW625
09-15-2014, 11:17 PM
That's a bummer. The 4th grade teacher at our school is rumored to be engaged and I have been saying for the last year that because our class has had a new teacher every year starting in the 4th grade that the teacher is going to get married this year and then end up pregnant next year! It would totally be our luck too!

ett
09-15-2014, 11:43 PM
Ugh!

Wow, how do these kind of things happen--like your dd having teachers go on maternity leave 3 years in a row. Wow.

A very large percentage of teachers in our elementary school are married and of child bearing age. We constantly have teachers go on maternity leave. Some of them also take off more than 3 months (i.e. DS2's teacher last year was on leave Jan-Jun and DS2's teacher this year was on leave 1.5 years several years ago). Some classes have assistants and they sometimes become the long term sub (in their class or another class, which makes the transition easier for kids.