PDA

View Full Version : what tops for skinny jeans?

boilermakermom
09-22-2014, 02:05 PM
What tops do you wear with skinny jeans? I am giving into the tall boots/skinny jeans this Fall/Winter. But not sure what kind of tops to wear with them. I am large chested, and have a hard time with tops. Most are either super baggy or super short.

cookiemonster80
09-22-2014, 03:48 PM
I want to know this too

lovin2shop
09-22-2014, 03:50 PM
This is one of my favorites, comes in a good range of sizes as well:

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/pleione-mixed-media-tunic-regular-petite/3736370?origin=PredictiveSearch-personalizedsort&contextualcategoryid=2375500&fashionColor=Teal+Moroccan&resultback=0&cm_sp=personalizedsort-_-searchresults-_-1_1_D

ETA: It runs pretty big, I sized down in it.

baymom
09-22-2014, 04:00 PM
With skinny jeans & tall boots, I wear either a longish cardi/sweater or longish top--basically something that covers my bottom! I also will often wear a scarf with this combo. Im not the most fashionable person, though!

Melaine
09-23-2014, 04:18 PM
Here is a PTMT post on leggings and some of the tops would work great with skinny jeans as well. http://pinteresttoldmeto.blogspot.com/2014/09/the-most-popular-ptmt-post-ever.html

SnuggleBuggles
09-23-2014, 04:22 PM
This is one of my favorites, comes in a good range of sizes as well:

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/pleione-mixed-media-tunic-regular-petite/3736370?origin=PredictiveSearch-personalizedsort&contextualcategoryid=2375500&fashionColor=Teal+Moroccan&resultback=0&cm_sp=personalizedsort-_-searchresults-_-1_1_D

ETA: It runs pretty big, I sized down in it.

How do you wear it? Untucked? tucked?

elektra
09-23-2014, 04:57 PM
Tube tops of course! ;)
I think anything that has some kind of flowy aspect looks good with skinny jeans, although I will just wear a regular T-shirt too. I have a largish chest too and so I try to wear things that I can sort of tuck in in the front or has some kind of fitted portion. Or wear a tighter T with a cardigan or something so I don't look like I have a tummy.
I personally don't get hung up on whether or not my butt is totally covered. :shrug:

lovin2shop
09-23-2014, 05:02 PM
How do you wear it? Untucked? tucked?

Usually untucked, sometimes I semi-tuck. I do choose a Petite in this one, so it is not overwhelmingly long on me. I also like to wear a long necklace with it.

marinkitty
09-24-2014, 01:50 PM
I usually layer a loose cardigan over a fitted underlayer (tank, tee). Or I wear a sweater that hits mid hip but isn't bulky.

pastrygirl
09-24-2014, 03:20 PM
Are you trying to cover your backside? If so, I just found a few long tops at TJ Maxx, by Joan Vass.

But, I usually don't try to cover up unless I'm wearing leggings or my jeans are too tight because I've gained weight. I don't have special tops for my skinny jeans, though I do avoid fitted-over-fitted. I don't wear fitted tees or sweaters with my skinnies, unless I have a looser cardigan or jacket over it. Even then, I usually opt for a looser top. I like to wear faux-crossover blouses with my skinny jeans; I have a few that have a longer back than front, because the front is made to look tucked-in and the back is just a regular curved back.