PDA

View Full Version : Durable toy trucks??

twotimesblue
09-22-2014, 08:43 PM
I am so annoyed - I bought DS a Bruder 'Mack' truck at great expense because it is supposedly the more 'durable' line and the doors actually open. My boys are really not rough on their toys at all but lo and behold, after one day of play, the $80 truck is broken. It is so flimsily constructed that I can't imagine it being suitable for any kids under 12.

I remember my brother having cars and trucks that withstood his very rough play and lasted throughout his childhood! It's disappointing that toys are made to be so disposable these days (but that's a whole BP in the making!)

Can anyone recommend a realistic-looking truck/vehicle (with opening doors) that won't break as soon as the boys so much as look at it? My poor DS just wants to be able to put his figures in the front seat and most don't even allow that.

Momit
09-22-2014, 11:48 PM
We've had this one for years and it's still going strong. http://www.amazon.com/Tonka-Toughest-Mighty-Dump-Truck/dp/B009IVPFES/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1411443872&sr=8-9&keywords=Tonka

Super durable but I'm not sure if it would allow him to put little figures in the cab.

Momit
09-23-2014, 07:41 AM
Just checked ours, and there is a little tiny cab underneath the bed of the dump truck. No opening doors but you could definitely put a mini figure or Playmobil figure in there to "drive" the truck. Not sure if the newer ones have it but might be worth a look.

daniele_ut
09-26-2014, 05:39 PM
We've had this one for years and it's still going strong. http://www.amazon.com/Tonka-Toughest-Mighty-Dump-Truck/dp/B009IVPFES/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1411443872&sr=8-9&keywords=Tonka

Super durable but I'm not sure if it would allow him to put little figures in the cab.

We have had this truck for 8 years now. All of my kids have ridden in the bed at one time or another, it has been in the sandbox, all over our yard and driveway. It's rusty now from leaving it outside too often, but it still gets played with. We also have a smaller one called the Classic Mighty Dump truck but it doesn't get as much play.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jgenie
09-26-2014, 05:52 PM
We have had this truck for 8 years now. All of my kids have ridden in the bed at one time or another, it has been in the sandbox, all over our yard and driveway. It's rusty now from leaving it outside too often, but it still gets played with. We also have a smaller one called the Classic Mighty Dump truck but it doesn't get as much play.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

:yeahthat: This exactly except we bought ours used almost 6 yrs ago!

hillview
09-26-2014, 06:33 PM

this is the one. We had 2 for years. Our neighbors kept theirs outside.